Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 am Reply with quote        
I guess the title is a tautology, but it says what this is all about: the people we look up to and inspire us, dead or alive, ancient or contemporary, known or unknown. Share them, talk about them. Here are some of mine:

Vincent van Gogh
A man who's art I admire and who's life I have great compassion with. As much an artist as a seeker, a kind of restless wanderer who never really got understood and appreciated during his life time. Being a artist and seeker myself, I feel much sympathy for this man.

John Milton
Scholar and poet. I like reading poetry, the best one I've ever read being Milton's EPIC! and epic poem Paradise Lost. A true example of knowledge, imagination and writing skills. I loved reading that work. He is also the reason behind my cat's name: Milton. I also enjoy writing poetry.

Tycho Brahe
I share the same birth date with this man, but that's not the only reason to why I like him. This old school astrologer was also born in the same county as me and later on lost the tip of his nose in a duel, which he replaced with a piece of silver. He was later emplyed by the danish king, got an island of his own, was very rich, had a dwarf advisor, a tamed moose and seemed to have a great sense of party. Whilst I'm no astrologer, I like astronomy, and I find this man's life intruiging, being slightly excentric like him. He also made some significant research I love the island he owned. Great for bicycling.

Ernest Shackleton
An adventurer who made several journeys, the most epic one being that to the south pole with the ship Endurance. A truly inspiring story, I advice you to go and read about it! Having an adventurous spirit myself, I find this man to be a true inspiration and a hero. Go! Go and read about him! Smile

Who are your role models or sources of inspiration?
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote        
I don't necessarily look up to many people. It's more like I would like to have certain aspects of their personalities. I would like the humor charisma of Will Smith, Obama, or Robin Williams, the presence of the Kennedy's, Colin Powell, or Clinton, the attractiveness of Brad Pitt, Leonardo Di Caprio, or Robert Downey Jr., and/or the intelligence/quirkiness of Jim Carrey, Morgan Freeman, or Einstein. I do however look up to Robin Williams. He's an awesome guy(with an attractive daughter).
Other people:
The Kennedy's
Bill Gates
Theodore Roosevelt
Frank Sinatra
Ray Charles' wife

Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote        
And I'll have to add Isaac Newton for being so much more than a scientist. Truly one of the great thinkers in many ways. Smile

Robin Williams is over all an awesome guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote        
Yes, he is. It amazes me so much, how he manages a family, fame, a love for Broadway, activism, and health issues. And he really cares.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote        
Oh, first I thought that you meant Isaac Newton, but then I clicked...

I would also like to add Alejandro Jodorowsky, a true artist! He did not only make some of my favourite movies of all time (El Topo and The Holy Mountain), but he also wrote them, directed them, starred in them, made the music and the costumes and designed them. A true artist in many ways, a multi-creator which I really look up to! Smile