Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote        
I just had a bit of a feel-splosion: first it was really sad, but now I just... love people.

I don't like getting close to people much. Intimacy heralds feelings, which I don't particularly like to exchange. Feeling them? Yeah. Expressing them? Sure. But... I dunno, I'm weird. I don't like having this dynamic exchange of emotion because it's always complicated things.

I also don't have much tolerance for people my age (college kids) who go by the philosophy of "YOLO" (I hate that phrase) and drink/fuck themselves senseless.

But... I love people. I go out of my way to help others, and when I do, it just makes me so happy. I just... I feel a lot of compassion for every single person: martyr, douchebag, criminal, or your average-Joe. Each and every person has emotions and merits which should not be overlooked, and I always look for the best in them.

So... yeah. It's kind of weird, since most people don't seem to have this humanitarian, love-everyone, but keep everyone at a distance kind of love, but I do, and what I feel with it is purity.

nc_serran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote        
Wow Chu, that's really deep. o: I don't even know what to say or comment about it.

What's the meaning of "YOLO" again? I keep seeing it, I keep hearing it, but I'd always forget it. Though, from how most comics, de-motivational posters and memes show - it doesn't look too decent. XD
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, I tend to do that sometimes. ^^;

It's "You Only Live Once" - it might sound like a decent philosophy, but it's pretty much the college kid's interpretation of cape diem. I can understand enjoying life in the moment, but people like to take that and live with no responsibilities or repercussions for their actions, which I could never condone. Personal accountability is key in being a respectable individual - although it's becoming more and more rare.

LuckyKeyblade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
I feel the exact same way Chu. I am always for helping people and others in need. I think there is something wrong with me, like I just care WAY too much and I usually get stepped on like a doormat for it, but I love people. I always believe that under all the ugliness of humanity, there is light and a small glimmer of hope in people. I like to see others happy and when I do it makes me feel like I accomplished something and it just gives me a warmth in my heart. ^^
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
That's definitely true. And is rare trait to find in people... But it seems to come to you with ease.

Helping people is pretty much ingrained into my very being - there is nothing I find more joy from than to give someone else joy. To see someone's face because you stopped and gave your time to them, for nothing in return, is worth more than anything.
That being said, I am not a very feely-feely emotional person, and tend to stay distant. My emotions remain tucked away most of the time, as expressing them to others is usually too complicated to bother with. Or more like, finding the words. I am not much for words, showing most of them through actions. Which tends to get overlooked, because people are use to everything being blatantly obvious. If that makes any sense.

Meh... I dunno. xP Emotions are weird to me.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote        
Right. I can find the right words to express my emotions most of the time, but generally I just don't want to bother with it. xD It's that vulnerability thing, y'know? And most of the time when I do open up, I have that knee-jerk reaction to push the person away right afterward. Close relationships with me are very touch-and-go, haha.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote        
Dang Catghost. Once again, I see how much alike we are, except you're better with words and codes.
And I interpret YOLO, as more of a "Don't miss an opportunity to better yourself through experiences that might not come again," not a "go fuck a stranger."