Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote        
A Let's Play is simply a video game playthrough with commentary. I've been watching LPs of all sorts for years: RPGs, platformers, fighters, flash games, doesn't matter. If I enjoy the commentary, I watch it. In fact, most of my subscriptions on Youtube are to Let's Players. (I'm ewitsChu there, but I don't upload any videos. Just sharing my username in case anyone was wondering.)

Well, you could imagine how much I jizzed when I discovered that I knew an LPer in real life. We bonded over SeaNanners - a favorite LPer of ours - and honestly, without that, we may not have even started talking. XD He and I got close pretty quickly and started dating, and now, we're gonna try to LP together.

jhgshdshakjkjdklasnb

Sooooo excited. Happy We recorded some Portal 2 footage on Tuesday but we're gonna get some real-life footage to throw in with that. I've always wanted to be part of an LP, but I never had the equipment to do so. asdfghjkl cannot hold all these feels.

Does anyone else watch LPs? Who do you watch? Some of my favorites recently have been SSoHPKC and UberHaxorNova - Adam (EposVox/te3d3m0l1sh3r) and SeaNanners (funnily enough, also named Adam) are a given. Generally though my interests change pretty quickly. I'll stick with a few people for a while - watch every video they upload - then get burned out and move on.

This is pretty much the prelude to mine and Adam's series if anyone is interested. It's a bit different from a normal LP, taking the game footage and combining it with real-life footage to make something a little more fulfilling than usual. Hard to explain - just take a look. And if you have a Youtube account, please do leave a "like" and stuff! It helps a lot. :]

http://youtu.be/l1jgVYntK04

killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote        
Huh, I've never actually heard of these things. They sound rather interesting though, maybe I'll go check out some others... I like your video =) 'specially his little sister Big Grin
Also, is that keyboard shown at the end an American one? Wow, they're so different, it would take ages to get used to one if I tried.

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote        
They're a lot of fun to watch. :3 Lately hybridpanda has started up a second season of The Sims 3, and I've been enjoying it thoroughly.

Also, Adam uploaded an episode of me playing Minecraft. XD It was kind of pathetic.

http://youtu.be/MwiVw7-54gA

And "American"? Yes, it is. ._. What does yours look like?

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote        
My favorite Lets Play is mangaminx playing Amnesia. It was so funny :]

::Shop::
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote        
Demon, I love watching Amnesia LPs. XD I'm too much of a baby to play it myself though, haha. I've never heard of that user though.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
When I first saw this I didn't realize te3d3m0l1sh3r was Adam, haha. But wow! How cool is that. I'm watching some of the videos right now, his voice is really epic that's for sure.
And Chu, you're much too adorable. So much more than I ever imagined. Laugh (is watching "Chu Learns Minecraft" x33)

As for my favorite LPers, CinnamonToastKen is definitely my favorite! This was the first video i watched from him, and I've been hooked ever since. The guy's awesome XDD
There were a few others, but I can't remember them.. I haven't really been watching LPs lately. =( I do like Toby's commentary though.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quote        
Yep, that's him. :3 Although he's changing to his other channel - EposVox - because of a bunch of bullshit with Youtube. He's still doing pretty well though.

Oh my god, that was beautiful! XD I need this in my life. Every day. Always.

Toby can be pretty entertaining. I haven't been watching his videos lately but I remember following a lot of his LPs in the past. My sister has been watching his Minecraft series though.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote        
Aww =\ I'm sorry about that... Youtube can be weird sometimes..
AND YES. He makes so many videos though. XD I haven't really been watching them lately, but they're all hilarious. I love his little headshot in the corner haha.

Oh yeah, who's heard of Whiteboy7thst? A lot of people don't seem to like him, but I really love his videos and just his whole personality. I've been watching his videos for a year now and am pretty familiar with his story. It's pretty interesting, I suggest you go and watch some of his older stuff where he talks about it. =]

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote        
DON'T YOU WANNA LET'S PLAY, DON'T YOU WANT TO OOOOOAAAAOOOO

My favorite LPer is LordVega..give or take a leetspeak 0.

Wait, here he is http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdVega

I liked him.

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!