Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:34 am Reply with quote        
Share your childhood memories and impressions, things from the past we remember with special joy, or things we just miss.

I have many good memories from my childhood playing the Space Quest and King's Quest series of computer games. They were allways such fun to play and they aided me a lot in learning english, especially those older ones in the series where you had to spell the actions. One of the best games ever made. I especially recall King's Quest VIII: Mask of Eternity and Space Quest IV: Time Rippers. They were so different from their predecessors. Mask of Eternity was such an epic adventure at the time, and we were allways scared about a special part in Space Quest IV! In the words of Cream: "Those were the days, yes they were!"

How about you?
ecco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 am Reply with quote        
I miss the simplicity of childhood. I first had counselling at age 10; before that though, I was a very happy child. I used to spend ages down the side of my house in the grass verges, catching grasshoppers/crickets ^w^ Bouncy Heart

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quote        
I SO totally agree with you on that, Ecco! Life was best back then. No worries, life was simple... just like everything in "The Logical Song". You were taken care of and didn't know of any wars, conflicts, diseases (maybe fever or a cold or something similar) and you had know idea that you would pay taxes and spend half of your paycheck on the rent. I want to be 5 again, right before I began school and "reality" began. Sad
ecco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:19 am Reply with quote        
exactly! augh. I really am not a fan of the modern way of life. that.. sounds pretty ungrateful. I'm of course happy about things like a constant supply of clean water, the wonderful advances of technology we have and things like that...

but, modern life is so very complicated T__T hence the massive increase in mental health problems like anxiety, depression, stress-related health problems and so on...

hmmm but reminiscing again? I miss how much I used to get to go see my cousins. We used to see eachother every few months, and we always had tons of fun together when we were young :3 now we're all grown up... hardly ever get to see eachother. makes me sad when i think of that D:

Sizaan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:24 am Reply with quote        
Um, when I was... five, I believe, we lived in Richmond Virginia. I don't remember much, but I do remember the rainstorms in the summer. There was always lightning, but the rain was warm, so whenever that happened, my father, brother, and I would get into our swim suits and slide around in the large puddles that would form in the grass between the apartment buildings near the play structure. The thunder and lightning just added to the fun, although looking back, I understand why mom was always standing on the stairs looking so worried while we were having so much fun. |D

It's probably one of my favorite memories. <3

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:32 am Reply with quote        
I miss when I played together with my two younger brothers. When the younger one was about 3, then I was 6 and the one inbetween was 4,5. About that time my parents upgraded our toys to LEGO, first we got a huge box with coloured bits, and with time, more and more lego. We even saved money, my brothers and I, to buy more LEGO. We basically played with nothing else than LEGO, it is and was so versatile! We had this special room in the basement where we sat down with our LEGO and we had special boxes in which we had assorted bits of LEGO. Oh the fun we had!

When my parents divorced, our father got into a cleaning rampage. He was about to throw all LEGO which was gathered in a huge box in the basement. None of us three siblings lived at home at the moment, but I, who lived closest to my father, went over there in certain panic and saved the box! WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!

The LEGO is now saved for future generations... and future play. Smile

Wow... this almost made me cry. Embarrassed
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote        
Oh my gosh I miss the game Digg so much. I really with that they would re-make it. With todays graphics and game engines it could be absolutely fantastic. For a game that ran on DOS it didn't look bad either.

The Dig was a wonderful adventure game that was made in 1995. We played it so much, and now I just wanna play it again. >< There's this part where you have to catch an alien rat thing and it's hard as hell.

Edit:
As a warning, the video I linked lasts for over 2 hours. It looks like they may have just recorded their game time and posted it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote        
I remember The Dig like yesterday! Twas an awesome game, me and my youngest brother enjoyd it a lot! I remember how I at one moment was stuck in the game and how I desperately used everything on anything in the game, just to see what it was that I had missed. I almost forgot about The Dig, thanks for bringing it back to memory. Smile

I also recall with great pleasure the first games every my mom baught for the first computer we had. I remember how we stood in the toy store and were reading the description on every 3,5'' disk-pack of games untill we decided for "Hugo: House of Horrors", we ended up buying the sequels too. Those were great detective games where you in 16-colours DOS went around with the arrows and had to write what the protagonist would do. "Put down dynamite", and the game would reply stiffly, "OK." Our mother helped us back then with the english now and then. Great memories, we all had such fun! Smile
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote        
I remember this old house my cousins used to live it. So much time was spent there. There was an old weeping willow in front of it, and we would sometimes run around, barefoot, and try and catch fireflies. They had a small pond that sometimes dried up, and it fascinated me that the water would just vanish. I always just assumed it was soaked into the ground. The house was surrounded by corn fields, and I had my first kiss there. We were playing house, and my cousin dared me to kiss a girl named Block(I think that's her named. It's how I remember it anyways). She was my cousin's cousin, I believe. I remember messing around with a lot of stuff I should have, an old car, and a few other things. They sold it when their parents got a divorce, quite some time ago. I'm just sad that I can't remember more of it.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote        
What an amazing memory, Neo! Makes me think of a barn we used to invade once in a while when we were kids. It was this big old red wooden building in a lonely area, no one ever even passed it by, and it was surrounded by a bunch of trees. So we used to sneak into this barn, one had to be sneaky and have a stick to move a lever from the inside to open the big door to this barn, by sticking your arm inside a crack in the wall next to the door. It made it all more exciting! And inside was all kind of old stuff and building materials. I guessed they used it as some kind of storage. So we played with all the stuff and climbed and had fun and tested molotov cocktails in there and a bunch of other crazy and unsafe stuff that kids do, haha. But then that summer passed, it became winter, and the barn wasn't really an option for a hang out during winter. And when it became summer again there was a high fence around the barn, so one couldn't get in. I bet the owner realized that some one had been rustling his jimmies. So there was no more barn-hang out! :/

Many great memories though. Smile
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 am Reply with quote        
Neo, the firefly catching makes me think of all the trips we used to make up to Ohio when my Great Grandmother was still alive. We would always catch fireflies, hold them overnight, and release them the next day. My Great Grandma even found a four leaf clover in her garden and gave it to me. I wish I still knew where it was.

We went up there in the summer, and Firemen would come around to drain the water in the Fire Hydrants for a while. All of the kids in my grandmas neighborhood would play in the water. I think it was every Saturday they did that. I miss those days. I do still have family up there, but it's not the same. I haven't been up there in years. I'll have to change that soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote        
I don't know why, but I can't remember a lot of my childhood clearly.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote        
That doesn't sound good. How come? :/
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote        
Confused I don't know. Probably because I am a severe thinker and most of what I experience is up here. *taps noggin* That, and I experimented a tad in high school with confabulation, or making up and altering memories.