Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 am Reply with quote        
so I'm trying to give up caffeine I know its a legal substance or stimulant however its my "drug of choice and has been for many many many years. Not saying how many you'll know how old I am rofl anywho's what druggies are you weaning off? anything? chocolate? sugar? wheat? even nasty drugs talking about is fine ^^
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote        
I've been addicted to nyquil lmfao its pretty bad. When I couldn't fall asleep (which is usually) I'd take some. Now its gotten so bad that I don't even bother seeing if I can sleep, I just take nyquil and go to bed. I'm too dependent on it... but I've been taking so much that its effects are slowly starting to wane so I have to drink like a good quarter of the bottle to actually fall asleep.

I just wonder where this is all going to take me in a few years pfff.

KIDNEY FAILURE.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote        
I'm weaning myself off of my Sertraline which was prescribed to treat my depression and PTSD (and resulting panic attacks.)

It's heavy shit. I have to struggle with feeling generally unstable, while having faith that once my dependence on the medication is gone, things will get better.

It's difficult, but I have to do it. I hate drugs - period - so I never even wanted to take this in the first place. Now I finally have the freedom to come off of it, and I won't give up.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
Well... I need to stop eating junkie food, because I get bored or moody and I just eat food that is sooo bad for me.. sometimes I don't even realize it because I never gain any weight, I am a twig with a high metabolism. I only feel it when I get extremely fatigued (Like I am right now) and I feel like everything takes enormous effort.. so I am completely out of shape and I sit on the computer all day cause it doesn't require moving anything but my fingers... I need to stop eating bad food and get out before I wither away from malnutrition.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote        
Dr I've never taken sedatives whether natural or not lol good luck with trying to be less dependant on it though

Chu I'm currently on zoloft and another medication as I have bipolar 2 disorder and post traumatic stress disorder resulting in agoraphobia, flash backs and the likes most often agoraphobia is the most common symptom for me.

I've been on a few heavyish medications and zoloft plus this other med seems to be helping

have faith if you need to rant or whatever I'm always open as I can relate

lexi luthor my other half and I are on a diet I comfort eat like anything lol but sadly my metabolism isnt nearly as good as yours haha

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:37 am Reply with quote        
Ahh, I know that feel, Lexi. :U People don't seem to understand that being skinny =/= being in shape. We should become workout buddies! ... Somehow.

Oh wow, I didn't know that about you, Ninja! It is very difficult. Although I don't personally have agoraphobia, I often get slightly agoraphobic during panic attacks. Started when I was little - the only place that I felt safe was in my closet, haha. Now I absolutely have to be in a confined place whenever I become unbalanced like that, otherwise the attack just gets worse.

And I am absolutely here for you, too. I have to say it's very comforting just to know that there's someone who understands at least a portion of what I go through. We should be here to support one another, definitely.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote        
thanks Chu your a sweetie I've sent you a private message *glomps* todays been a good day for me got some stuff done. Though I had two cups of coffee today >> and two black tea's still better than all coffee which is what I normally would have. Im over the headache stage though me thinks thank goodness
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote        
It's so true everyone thinks I am skinny cause I work-out or something and they think I am supper healthy :o And I'd love to be work-out buddies Happy Although not sure hwo that would work out >_>

*googles agoraphobic*

So.. I think I understand Agoraphobia now. I hope you can work through the agoraphobia.

Now when I was looking up the symptoms I saw one that struck me, now I don't think I have agoraphobia because it was only the one symptom but I do think that I have depersonalization disorder. The symptom was a sense of the body being unreal, which I get that all the time.

I feel like I am going through motions in life and watching myself in third person, and sometimes when I think about it too hard I feel detached from my body... like I don't exist but I am still moving. It affects me by making me really apathetic sometimes I just won't care about anything because nothing is.. real. Sometimes I feel really weightless too, and one time it hit me extremely hard. I felt completely unreal, like I was floating through space like nothing at all existed and I feel like I was unconscious but then someone called my name and I snapped out of it. It also accounts for my necrophobia; fear of dying.

Gee.. I hope that wasn't too off topic.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote        
WhingingNinja wrote:
so I'm trying to give up caffeine I know its a legal substance or stimulant however its my "drug of choice and has been for many many many years. Not saying how many you'll know how old I am rofl anywho's what druggies are you weaning off? anything? chocolate? sugar? wheat? even nasty drugs talking about is fine ^^

I'm definitely trying to wean myself off of caffeine too. I have this thing where I think it's better to use your natural energy and know when you're actually awake or asleep. It's been a year since I drank anything but then my friend handed me coffee and that went down the drain so I have to start over again. Since I'm not used to it now, I'm way too hyper after it settles in lol
Angel

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote        
Is Facebook a drug? ; ____;

Naked for absolutely no reason.