Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, awesome quote in your signature, btw.
I know for a fact that feelings can spur through the internet and you can love them without ever meeting them, but you can build a different relationship with someone in real life.
I support the use of technology to find someone, but at some point it needs to be "real." The people need to meet, and find out the truth about their feelings and their partners in person. Again, I found that out the hard way.
And a relationship that spurs from a meeting IRL and moves to a long distance relationship and vice versa can be just as strong as it's counterparts.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, thanks. xP I wrote it about Midorea though - not him. Much more rational than that.

Mmm, I agree. There's just more security in seeing someone face-to-face.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I actually picked up on that. I agree quite a bit with that quote.
Yes, security... that's the only thing you'll get... Wink Jab

Shaelyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
I was in one that lasted for around 8 months. My boyfriend at the time was in Basic training, and outside of snail mail, the only way we had to communicate was via phone and instant message. It was one of the hardest things I've ever been through.

I don't think I'd do it again, to be honest. I am the type of person that relies too much on physical contact in a relationship, and without having a person there to hold and comfort me makes things depressing and difficult.

I do think that they are worth it for some people. I've known people to meet their loved ones over the internet, and wound up living together in the end, so I think that if one really loves the person they're dating, especially long distance, then it can work.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote        
You had outside tensions to deal with on top of the long-distance strain. That situation would make any relationship difficult for me, romantic or otherwise.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 am Reply with quote        
Obviously, long distance relationship can work, but doesn't work for certain people and situations.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote        
Chu, you somehow manage to know exactly what to say... even when you don't even know it yourself. Your thread made me realize a few things about what I had, thankfully before it passed by my hands.

I'm happy to say that I'm currently in a long distance relationship with a handsome young fellow! Sweat
We're not as close distance-wise(see: other side of the country) but I couldn't be happier. Dunno what I'd do without him honestly.

Glad to hear things have been going so well for the two of you Chu. Hope things continue to stay that way. Any updates? :3

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote        
Aw, I'm so happy for you, Cat! ^_^ I'm glad that my thread could influence you in a positive way, even if only passively.

Things have been going well between David and I. :] My family may not be happy with the distance (or how we met) but I'm remaining happy and positive. If anything, the distance has taught me how to let go of the little things and enjoy the time that he and I have together. In the past, I could get controlling and possessive. There's not really room for that here, and not having 24/7 access to him allows me time to get past instinctual emotions and look at things more clearly. Definitely very constructive.

On a more personal level, I am also very happy. Downright giddy, actually. David and I can connect and communicate almost effortlessly. Honestly, I've never been so quick to let go of my inhibitions before. Always the rational one - the mother hen - I never really experienced that sweeped-off-your-feet, head-in-the-clouds love. It can be a little intimidating, sure, but more than anything, I'm happy to feel so light and free. Part of that is because David is a responsible and considerate individual. I don't have to take care of him, like I sometimes had to do in the past. We support one another equally, and that's very liberating.

Done ranting now. ><