Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
DO you ever find it strange or weird when you look at a video of yourself doing something? I hate watching videos of myself dancing, or doing guard for at least a year after it happened, when I stop being embarrassed over it. I just watched a video of my solo in the chorus concert and I had to exit out i was just like.. ehh xD

Is this just me?

::Shop::
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
I don't have much trouble watching a video of me (just because I'm used to me doing stupid stuff) it's listening to a recording of myself that makes me feel funky. It's like...my voice doesn't sound that annoying, does it?

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote        
Oh I am the same way. I can't watch anything I have been recorded in at all.

Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote        
oh man, i hate my voice when i watch old video tapes.....and videos themselves. once i was testing for a belt in tae kwon do, and i had to spar someone as part of it. i thought i did pretty well, but i thought it looked awful when i watched my dad's recording of the match. like..."I dont kick that slow do i?!"
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, I know where you're coming from on this one. First of all, I'm a terribly self-conscious person to begin with, so even just being filmed makes me kind of...want to crawl into a corner and die. OTL Watching the recording, for me at least, is even worse. xD; It's pretty much been that way ever since I can remember.

The first time I remember being recorded for anything, I was in...First grade, or so? We had an "I Can Do It" day at my school; basically, all the little First graders had to select a talent, and present it to the class while being filmed. When it came time to do the project, I totally freaked out. Of course, it didn't help that I was woefully unprepared. I had to hide my face when we watched the finished product in class later that week. I think I also had to record just my voice once for a project a couple of years later...I wound up not even turning that one in, I hated the sound of my voice so much.

I think I've gotten slightly better about my awful shyness over the years. I mean, I've had various school skits, color guard/drill team, and an acting class to learn how to conquer at least some of those fears. Even still, I feel kind of weird seeing myself on film, and to a lesser extent hearing my speaking voice recorded. In fact, the only person I let see any old recordings I have sole access to is my mom. Laugh

Social anxiety is a bitch, man. Duh

neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote        
God. I always look so sluggish, and my voice makes me sound so much like my older brother, and it bothers me.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
Hate it, absolutely hate it. >< My voice sounds way too sweet and high-pitched. Totally doesn't match my analytical mind.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
Opposite for me. I'm smart as hell, but my voice sounds slow and retarded. I have worked on voice work, but I don't do well when I don't know what to do.