Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote        
Does anyone ever do volunteer work? It's readily available in my area, and I don't even need a car to get to most places. (Biggest issue for me.) Since I'm not in school, I don't work, and no one is dependent on me, I've been actively searching for volunteer opportunities, and since the Christmas season is coming up, there are a ton out there! :] I'm so excited.

One of the things that I'll be doing is the Red Kettle Campaign for the Salvation Army, and I'm trying to get a little group together to do it. The more interesting you are, the more donations you get, so does anyone have any ideas on what we could do? Anything to help out. ^_^

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:55 am Reply with quote        
I use to volunteer at my church a lot, Sunday school mostly. Haven't really had the chance to lately as I'm at my grandmas on the weekends most of the time. Plus nothing is really within walking distance around here(not the greatest area either..), and it doesn't help that I don't have a license. (trying to get a ride is pretty much impossible)
Though I'd really like to volunteer... maybe they'll be doing something for the holidays. We always do the Samaritans purse shoes boxes, but sometimes they have other stuff.

Haha, I am actually really glad you brought this up! Though I don't really have any ideas besides the Samaritans Purse thing. D: If I come across anything else though I'll let you know.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote        
The Salvation Army has volunteer positions available. There was one particular location that I can't reach by bike (I have no license either) but I can take a bus there. Maybe you could do something like that?

Churches probably have other opportunities during the week too, especially around the holidays. I've never heard of the Samaritans Purse thing. Will have to look into it!

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 am Reply with quote        
I honestly wouldn't take a bus or ride a bike around here. Confused So that really limits my options, but hopefully if all goes ok I'll be getting my license in the next few weeks. If there's ever time, I'll look into the Salvation Army. I think there's one around here. ^^

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote        
Ah, I understand. While I don't think that way, my mother does. Definitely limits things.

Yeah, definitely look into it. Smile Seems like a lot of fun!

Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote        
ive done a lot of volunteer work ,mostly through girl scouts XD we serve soup every spring for fundraisers to donate to different organizations, and every thursday i go with my family to a local bakery/coffee shop to bag up their leftover bread and bring it to homeless shelters and such...we have to drive everywhere for this stuff though, since its a really busy area
Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote        
I do volunteer work all the time. Well more or less its when one of my family members or someone needs me too. I love volunteering though, I'm just lazy enough to only do it if someone approaches me about it though. xD
Unless its like animal shelter/etc type then sign me up. xD

Here at JC, theres community hours you can do and I sign up for that occasionally. [the more hours you do, among other things, the better privilege levels you can get]
Last one I did was on Halloween, helps out a Halloween festival for the kids downtown. So much candy. *o* Sadly didn't have a costume for that though but still fun.