Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Ethereal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote        
Okay Midoreans this is my first thread, not sure how well it will do but I've been awake for twenty-four hours, working on a surprise line-art possible coloured avatar art for Pandello. Now, Pandello has an inkling since I inboxed her about it but the three hours prior to when I started Pandello was clueless to this piece. I'm rambling but I'm getting to the point of this thread.

My friend who I am staying with for a week to get away from my small town, no job, and demon spirited mother [I think of her this way because ninety percent of the time she is mean without cause], and he works for a railway company so his hours suck balls. He's on night so he leaves ten pm our time, and comes back around seven to half past in the morning.

For three months I have been feeling restless and it is driving me absolutely insane. I adore drawing, yet while at home I will start to sketch something, get this odd feeling like my limbs need to move or my mind isn't working hard enough, or even that something is just not... in tune. I will usually move on to something else, like listening to music, writing or reading. None helps, so then I move to fiddling with my cosmetics, to painting my nails neat, to straightening and curling my hair. I don't eat often normally so this is not a concern. I just... don't know what to do with myself.

Perhaps it is because I have no job, and I am someone who needs a job to feel they have a purpose. Since I got let go I've been... disturbed, hence the restless feeling. I am also a hypochondriac so of course I have assumed I'm terribly ill or pregnant. Neither is the case, and I am sure I would stop assuming I was with child if I lost the spare tire around my middle.

Anyway, Midoreans have you ever felt out of sync with yourself?
Restless without really understanding why?
Can't seem to sit still when usually something like a book or your personal calming ceases to work?
Discuss those questions, ideas, or anything that this topic makes you think of. Can be a frustrating one in my opinion.
Jab
sychobunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote        
I've had it enough times to lose count. Depending on the severity, I usually find something that satisfies, though once I didn't and it was a very, very bad experience, that I do not wish on you.

And much of your background info reminded me of a friend of mine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, the restless thing is starting to really bother me. I used to be on medication for insomnia so I could sleep, and now I'm back to not sleeping often at all. I think at this very moment in time I am going to take my contacts out and go lie down. It's been fourty-eight hours since I last slept and that probably isn't a good thing. Oh well. Perhaps seeing some friends tomorrow err... later today will make me feel a lot better than I am at this moment.

I remind you of a friend of yours?

sychobunny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote        
xD yes, just the home situation. She likes to go to her friend's place who is in a "suburb" of her small town to get away. I find it funny that the small town bothers her, and going out to the middle of nowhere is her escape, but instead of small town gossip, there is NO gossip, or harping mother, and there's horsies for her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote        
I don't know if I get "restless", but sometimes when I'm working on the computer I can't focus or suddenly get an urge to get up an move. Usually I'll just take a break and go downstairs/see what everyone's up to, which often results in finding out there was something else I needed to do.
Dunno, it's strange. Perhaps you're getting restless because there's something else you're suppose to be doing? Though, being without a job could also be the reason. Sweat

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote        
I'm very restless - I think it's what makes my anxiety so bad. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of "letting go" or "not thinking about things" so in those supposed relaxed situations, I'm usually pretty freaked out.

It's only when I have a lot of work to do, or a lot of stimuli, that I actually calm down. I always have to keep moving.

Ethereal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote        
Cat - Yeah I know that feeling pretty well too, I believe it has something to do with me being without employment. I cannot just sit in the house and clean all day, and not have a... purpose I think is what I was looking for. Sometimes though I do get a niggling feeling that I forgot to do something, then when my mother comes home I am usually asked if I did something or went and got "____" from where ever it was I was supposed to retrieve the thing. So, the restless for me could just be lack of feeling useful.

Chu - Having anxiety and feeling restless is an AWFUL combination! Ugh, my anxiety is the worst when I am in large crowds. Yet for some reason if it is concerts and things I am okay, as long as I am with a few friends then I don't panic. I panic so bad if I go somewhere with a few people, go to the washroom or to look at something then I turn back and POOF they are gone. When I try looking for them and fail I just want to curl into a ball and cry. Many a time I have sobbed hysterically when I couldn't locate them, and when they eventually found me man it was good but I felt so awful.
Embarrassed