Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Syd-Cymbaline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote        
Alrighty, I haven't been on here in a WHILE, and through that long wait, I have come up with a new short story :3 Hope you enjoy ^__^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young man, in his early twenties walked into the twilight of the cobblestone walkway. While walking down the dark path, he stopped ever so often to lean on a wall as if exhausted. Even though he looked as if he was in the best of shape, what seemed like a simple walk tired him out. He walked into a building that was marked with a red-neon sign that said Psychologist.

With legs of wet noodles, he walked into the hallway, fumbling with the stairs going to the second floor. He turned to his left to see a brightly painted red door. He held his ear to the door, hearing faint sounds of music from the other side. Pushing himself off of the door, he knocked lightly three times...

There was no answer. He gently grasped the door knob, turning it slightly to the right. The young man had let himself into the room. What he heard was the low humming of Mozart's Lacrimosa throughout the room, and the flipping of pages in a book.

He looked throughout the room. There was one room filled to the brim with books and files. A couple of chairs were found scattered throughout the room, many of them covered with papers and books. He found the one person that was inhibiting the room. It was who he was looking for.

He waited nervously for the short-haired woman to finally notice him. She did not look up however, she did motion over to a chair to the far right of the room. He pulled it up to the desk, hiding the woman who he sought out.

The man was still nervous, watching the woman's every move slowly. His hands were balled into white fists because of his anxiety. He jumped slightly at the sudden noise of a book closing. His eyes wandered to the floor, unable to meet the woman's gaze, now when he really wanted to. "You're Quinn, right?" he mumbled lowly to himself. He was unsure if she heard.

He could hear a grin plastering itself on her face. "Yes, that is correct. You came because of your mental state, yes?"

He looked up, to see a very toothy grin staring back at him. Her eyes looked as if they were shining brighter than ever. The eyes looked to be a bright blue, but there was a slight colour change. The blue seemed to become more warped and disfigured as it went closer to the pupil. It almost looked red as it met the pupil. "Y-yeah," he mumbled. "I've been having these weird hallucinations ever since I was on this new medication for my bi-polar disorder." He placed a bottle on the desk.

Without even glancing at the bottle, she said, "Lithium, a basic and most classic of all the mood stabilizers. It affects people differently depending upon the person given the medication." She paused. "So... what do you see?"

"What do I see?" he questioned her however, not for long. "Well, I... I see you sitting in your chair and..." The young man's face paled, stopping him mid sentence.

What he had was her body begin to twist in upon itself as the skin on her face began to peel off. Her lower half of her body was ripped to pieces as her front torso was shattered, as if made of glass, to reveal dozens of blood-soaked crows flutter out of her chest cavity. The birds seemed to have eaten what was previously in the chest cavity. The young man looked back to her face. Her eyes were still staring at him however, now there were three.

"Go on...," she chimed, raising herself from her seat. "Tell me about what you see... in me..." She walked slowly over to the side, to grab a long, slender object. He could not quite see what she grabbed. Glancing back to the young man sitting in front of the desk, her smile was now decrepit. "You stopped..." She paused. "Oh? Was that all?" A quick grin hovered over her face. "Allow me to retort..."

He looked down to see a rapier through his sternum, and the chair he was sitting on. He looked up to see that it was Quinn who had pierced him to the chair restricting his movement. The young boy bled profusely out of his mouth before dying, restricted to the chair.

Quinn glared, pulling the blade out of the flesh that was now in the room, pulling out its soul as well. She grinned, swallowing the soul whole. She sighed, still grinning, and turned to face the meat pile in the chair. "I'm sure you'll make a great steak for Stein and Spirit."

She pulled the body onto her shoulder. Moving a bookcase out of the way, a door was uncovered. Behind the large steel door was a large freezer, used to freeze anything the psychologist would need. She hung the new meat on a hook through its back. Now, all she had to do is wait for her two friends to come by. They were going to have the meal of a lifetime.

Misa:"I can't imagine a world without Light!"
L: "Yes, that would be dark."

"Ramoraparu did you steal my kills? I BELIEVE YOU DID!"
~Nobunaga (Travis - 4playerpodcast)