Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Twelve Bells to the End of Sanctuary [Closed, RECRUITING]
Reika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote        
TWELVE

Inside the cathedral at the center of the city, the altar boy waves incense, the religious come to pray, a few rogues claim sanctuary from the guards outside, and the young and overworked priest cares for them all.
One day, a blinding light descends upon the city and all is wiped out; except for the church.
Is it religious protection? Is it luck?
The light now strikes through the stained glass windows and dusty cracks under doors. Wait too long and a being of light will have entered, ready to hunt down the last of the living.
However, looking through the windows, there are snatches of scenes from other worlds. And maybe for a few seconds, a bridge towards it.
Twelve tolls of the bell until the light will have fully pervaded the building. Will you run for the unknown lands? Or wait it out to see what the light brings?
May your legs be swift, or your faith be strong.

Reika

RECRUITING, not open for posting

Reika

CHARACTER LIST:
Profiles

Nohle Eligius Tristam, Priest - Reika

Valerie Terra, Thief for Hire - Malverne

Ridge Mattlock, Storekeeper - Malfise

Reika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote        
SETTING:

The City & The Cathedral
Seceliero is a city located at the very centre of the country Luoriutum. It is not one of the cleanest cities in regards of crime and belief, but it is rather large, nearly as big as the capital. Seceliero was built in a circular shape, with tiers leading up to the Aurelis Cathedral, the oldest standing cathedral in Luoriutum. The Aurelis has been kept in great condition through the ages, though often staffed by few men. The bell atop the Aurelis Cathedral is rung once every midnight.
The Cathedral building is massive. It includes an entrance hall, main hall, inner sanctum, numerous passageways and hidden chambers, and a vast underground network housing the crypt. Even the clergymen have yet to discover it all. Stay close in case you get lost.

The Religion
Loosely based on Real World Christianity, Vaulianity is the central religion of Luoriutum as well as many other surrounding countries. Vauliants do many things similar to Christians, such as believing in a single god, holding gatherings inside church buildings to make speeches, and having a similar hierarchy of clergymen. However, much of the rest is open to interpretation. There is no need for an extensive knowledge of Christianity to understand Vaulianity, though for the sake of the story, believers must capitalize "God" when directly referring to the Vaulian deity. Others may choose whether to or not.

The People
From your warriors and rogues, mages and mystics, to your terrifyingly normal, everyday, citizens and farmers; Luoriutum has all the fantasy human classes. Most of them are Vauliants, though some prefer their own secretive cults, or would rather choose to not believe anything at all.
The people who enter the Aurelis are just as varied. It is very common to see some quite suspicious characters lurking in the outer halls.
'Vauliant' refers to a believer of Vaulianity, the religion. 'Vaulian' is a descriptor word used to name objects related to Vaulianity.

The Light
Who are they? Or, more importantly, what are they and what do they want? Most of what there is to know can only be observed by your own eyes; blindingly white, it shines so bright outside the cathedral that you cannot see if the city of Seceliero still stands. The beings themselves are mysteries. Be wary in your observation, as they are more than likely hostile.
Though not accepted by many, there are some obscure passages in the Vaulian scriptures that prophesize the coming of the Light, though whether or not it was purely metaphorical or actually predicting these invaders is lost to the passage of time.

Reika

RULES:

1. You are not God - seriously, beware the wrath of the Vauliants, you heretic. And the other citizens of Luoriutum. We shall not permit having characters made to do something by someone else or characters who are omnipotent.
2. Battle; pvp - a hit is not recognized until the opponent 'accepts' it by writing that the player was hit. That being said, players may not veto each and every attack made against them. May I reiterate; You Are Not God.
3. Battle; pve - I want to say again that statement which declares the reader not a being of worship. But that would be annoying. The Light is very strong. If it was not, how would this be a fun game? You are in control of how the Light or the environment directly affects your character.
4. Literacy & Language - I do not expect perfect writing, a novel-long post, or an extensive vocabulary. You are allowed to make mistakes, though if there is a word that you wish to use yet not know how to use it correctly, please look it up in a dictionary or Google [I do this very often, don't be ashamed C:]. Please try to write enough content. Also, this is an R-rated movie, blood and swearing reign. But not sex, sorry. You'll end up dead.
5. Posting - Try to do so at least twice a week. I will understand a hiatus [I'm in school too] but if you have time before, try to announce it in OOC and wrap up the action that you're in and get out of the way if you can.
6. Format - Have your name at the top of each post. It can be a link to your character's picture just as a reminder, but do not put any pictures in the actual post. Do not attach your signature. If you want, use a different coloured text to help differentiate from other characters.
7. Conflict - you got a problem with someone here? Get a room. If your character must be violently against another's, go ahead I encourage it. However, it would be for the best if you post in the OOC or pm the owner of the character about it and reassure them that it is for the sake of the story. We do not need any hurt feelings rotting around here.
8. Suspension - warnings will be in OOC. Bans will be by pm. I will not display your name here, but I will inform the other players of your leave.

Reika

Keeping in mind the aforementioned rules and information, let us begin.

NOT YET OPEN, DO NOT POST