Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Information Kiosk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Lost Newbie is Lost (many questions > <;)
Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:20 am Reply with quote        
Hey there, folks. I absolutely adore this site (I adore it so much that I completley forgot to feed my doggies and let the chickens out this morning, I was so engrossed in it!), but I don't understand it ... so behold my lame questions of lameness!!

> So...I have to make a character to access the shops...?

> Can I delete characters/make a new one/edit it later, or is it set in stone?

> Suppose I don't care to make a character at the moment, and just want to explore the site and get to know people first...?

> How do I view threads I'm watching?

> Is there a way to view the items a person is wearing, or do I just have to ask them?

> Is there a master list of all the non-shop items on the site?

Thanks! More may be added or subtracted as I get to know the site ^^;

EDIT: Is there, like, a thread that explains the whole character thing? Like what "constitution" does? I get it overall, but just wondering...blah... yeah... This is why I was wondering if I can delete characters and then start over once I understand the system better ^^;
Kuma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote        
let's see if I can help you.

1. Yes, I think you need a character to access the shop. You needed one before to make an avatar, and then it was changed so that you could make one without having a character, but I'm fairly sure the shops still require a character (sheet) to work.

2. You can delete it, and make a new one any time you want. You can't really edit them per say, but you can "buy" some training to get better stats and skills. Little warning though, it really costs a lot, so unless you have tons of money to throw away, or don't want to delete your character because you're at an amazingly high level, I don't suggest it.

3. Well, you won't be able to fight, but you can post in the forums all you want (and it's probably the best place to meet people Wink ).

4. Hm, I think the watching option sends you an email when a new post is made, possibly with a link to that thread... Not sure though, I haven't used it in years. There's a "your post" button at the top (beside your currency/name/other randomness), that will show all the threads where you posted, which is kinda easier to use.

5. MAD? Last time I checked, it needed an update, so it's probably easier to just ask the person. Don,t worry, people are nice here and usually quick to reply those kind of questions Wink

6. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but we have a price guide, with the event and monthly items.

I'm sure there's a FAQ about the character thing somewhere... but it's old and only apply to part of the site, like, only the part describing the stats is really accurate... And apparently I can't find it now... Duh

Anyway, I'd suggest checking the Newcomers Help Center instead. I'm fairly sure it's clearer and more accurate. Happy

Art by Boku wa Kuma
Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote        
Thanks so much. And, yeah, I just now found the Help Center and was coming back to edit this. Sorry about that > <

And, yeah, thanks for the price guide ^^
Kuma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote        
It's always a pleasure to help ^^

And I'm fairly sure some of your questions were not answered in the guide... at least not directly, so it's not a problem.

Art by Boku wa Kuma
Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, and I have another quest for you, if you're still around...

The Price Guide mentions items gained from completing quests...how does one begin a quest? Thanks ><
Kuma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote        
Argh, the internet ate my post... <.<''

Anyway, as I was writing before, quests happen during events, or whenever Cat decides to make some. Info about what you need to do can be found in the thread announcing them. Most of them requires you to use the "explore" tab (at the top of the page), talk to some NPCs and give them whatever they ask for.

The only quest(s) going on right now gives you a chance to get dragon wings (wind, poison and water). Announcement is here. You just need to talk to Uro (click is little picture in the "explore" tab -> Great Gated City), and then go kill some dragons. Be careful though, the dragons are strong (and probably too strong for your current level).

Art by Boku wa Kuma
Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, no kidding. I didn't even know about the quest, and I ran into a Poison Dragon in the arena. Turned right around and fled XP

Thanks for helping me ^^