Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 18

What do you like most about Midorea?
The Community
29%
 29%  [ 76 ]
The Items
18%
 18%  [ 48 ]
The Events
7%
 7%  [ 19 ]
The Art
43%
 43%  [ 111 ]
Other (please specify in thread)
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 258

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
Something I've always been curious about.
If you select the option "other", please specify what that "other" is. Also, I'd love to hear the thoughts of those who select "nothing" as well.
Thank you.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote        
While originally the ARIs brought me here, it's the community that kept me around for as long as I have been.

I've bought monthlies on other sites and only stuck around for about a week because I didn't feel at home. This place was different. You guys were so welcoming and friendly, I felt like I had found a place where I really belonged.

So thanks, everyone, for making my Mido experience so wonderful, and I hope I will have the chance to do the same for others in the future.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote        
I originally came due to the draw of pretty artwork. I stuck around for the same reason Keyla did the community. You are all so welcoming to new people. You also stick to your morals and rules instead of caving in to get more people or really I should say more money. I also like the fact that I only have to get one item to have all the equip-able versions of it that is another major draw for me.

Mainly the community though. I had all but stopped rping I came here and saw what a great community it was and the fact that there are great rpers here has kept me around as well. Many things keep me here but the community is the first on my list of likes about Mido.

Phwoosh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quote        
I selected the "nothing" option because... Well... I haven't been here that long at all. In fact, this is my first forum post! I'm more of a lurker, but I haven't even really had time to do any of that.

"Nothing", in this case, just means that I don't know anything about the site and therefore can't choose anything to like.
ecco

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote        
i voted community, since without that being so good i would leave. however events, items and art all come in a close second, since they are fantastic, but for me the community is the most important part ^^

ChibiDeath

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote        
I was torn between comunity and other.

I like the people here. They're nice. But I also like the staff in particular. On many sites they dont have time for us normal users. ^^; Here though, I've never been ignored. Not once. Its bloody awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote        
I'd group the staff and the community together, honestly. Sweat Not to sound cheesy or anything though.

ChibiDeath

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, but its a specific part of the community. Technically needs its own clarification since they do things the community doesn't. You know. :}

I guess I went with other because besides the social aspect of the leaders and mods, they also do a really good job keeping things in order. <3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, that makes sense. Well, however you label it, I appreciate the compliment. :3 I'm really prideful in our staff and community, personally. I probably wouldn't even still be here if it weren't for the amazing people, staff members or otherwise. It just wouldn't be the same.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote        
Well that's a hard decision. I really love the items and the art. They are amazing! The events are really fun and well thought out (again with beautiful art and items). Though the community is really great and friendly, and the staff, unlike many sites, are very nice and helpful and actually talk. And everyone else is really awesome too =D That's probably one of the main reasons I've remained here, instead of just lurking for a day then forgetting about this place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote        
The events are usually a lot of fun. :B

Sorry I haven't been here in ages, I should probably start a new quest too for other items.
Thanks to all past donations. You didn't give me that silver for nothing!
Soleil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote        
I chose community, basically for the same reasons as the others did.
I've felt very welcomed here, and there aren't too many sites that have done that for me. ^^
I was attracted here by the artwork of the front page, and the items after I looked around a bit, looked beautiful, but I'm going to stay for the people. ^^

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:35 am Reply with quote        
Removed the "nothing" option since only one person(out of 16) actually explained their reason for choosing it. Wink
Thank you all for your input though! I'll keep this poll up for a little longer.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Crow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote        
Honestly, though I am new, I am most attracted to the site layout.
I've never seen such excellent forum design before. And the art!!!
I'm a long time player of Gaia Online, and this here.. This is GOD.
With all their monies and support, they can't get it together like this.
Usually not much can deter me from my dislike of the color green.
But even the color combinations for this default layout are glorious.
I can not get over just how pretty it is. It's like eeee I bow before it!
The tab system is pretty easy to learn (except for battling sections).
Clickable links on the header (such as message box) are navigable.
It's just... Well. Designers are supposed to make things that WORK.
Even more than making things pretty, designers have to think of use.
And this site. It makes it work AND makes it pretty! It is so professional!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, thank you for that, Crow. ^_^ If you need anything to be described in further detail, feel free to drop myself or any other staff member a pm.