Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Museum of Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic You'll be Needing these; Shutter Shades obtained.

What do you do if you haven't been allowed to draw what you want for over ten fucking years, so you have to do it in hiding?
Ain't no thing. Just live. s'Not like you're dying, Reika.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Jump in a Hole, Reika. Only mushrooms care.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Reika

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote        
Sometimes I don't want to put stuff on the sites I use for art. Sometimes I don't want the environment that comes with dA. SO:
I'll probably be just posting pointless animu shit from time to time, nothing really of great quality. You want to look at something of quality? Then maybe you'll be better off here or go look in the other forum threads.

have some Eye Assault. Name's Rhein. Her english name, at least.

IDK, should I explain who she is? Maybe just looking at it is all you need to know.

I know there are incredibly talented people here, and I haven't really had a look through all the hidden goodies, but I promise to look through them sometime. :>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote        
I really like this one, it reminds me of pop art you use to see decades ago with gouache painting and all, yet with more modern curvy lines and a play with thin and thick lines... like a mix between old american superhero comics and new mangas with improved lineart Shocked

Even the colour choice seems to blend very well different "eras": the mix purple-black-yellow and other neon tint is kind of 90's-ish, yet the deeper shades of those colours you picked and the way you coloured all this kind of revive it.
I also like how dynamic and full of energy this drawing looks from the POV, the glow effect and the flashy background. I don't know what to think of the green buble and the words in it, sounds like a ironical concentrate from comics but since the colors doesn't reflect anger except from the glow in the eyes, it makes me feel more like she goes like "meh, I give up, I gotta say it anyway..."
(I'm a thick dumb ass anyway Jab )

I've been drawing in secret for years but only because I did not want my parents to think me demented so I can't imagine how much more frustrating that must be if your parents don't approve it for a start Duh
I'm afraid I can't be of any help since I kind of gave up on trying to get better in art, I only doodle from time to time and can't get into a long term art project anymore (everybody's better than me and I'd never be able to get a job in art anyway Laugh )
But you got style and talent in both drawing and colouring, you sure have more potential than many. I ain't gonna say "fight your parents to deaaaath!!" because that sounds like Disney and fluffy dreams with pink unicorns and all... I can only say: hang on, try getting a job with a regular schedul so you have you time off to do art, and if art works, then you'll be able to focus more on it and give up the job haha

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
Reika

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote        
Thanks for your thoughts and opinion, you seem to have thought about this well.
Haha, and yes, fighting parents is pointless xD which is why I just get on with it.
It makes me sad when I find other people who also couldn't draw freely.
I just feel that if only I had that time wasted from hiding to make art without restraint, there would be less of a skill gap between me and my peers.

You advice is solid and definitely something I've thought about doing if i can't get into school. I'm just a little scared about graduating from high for now >.<;;

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote        
UPDATE:

So I guess I'll just put sketch here. :P

French Allaire, Made her with friend Steph :>

snowy owl kid and UP chars.

some desert wanderer.

sorry it's faint.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote        
ahhh youre drawings are lovely~
russel looks so adorable XD Bouncy Heart

Reika

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you :>
I was studying that movie at the time x]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
UGH jealous. wish i got to study UP.

Mella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote        
You art is amazing, as always <3.
You better keep up with that drawing a day thing! Happy

Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.
Reika

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quote        
i don't wanna scan it all in Dx
I'm busy writing my essay stuffs, you scan it in for me
and i think i'm behind a day or two. because of exams. I'm dumb to start it now lol

why are you on Mella? I thought it logs you off for some reason

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote        
Just thought it would be easier for the event since im a higher level on this char. But since the event is over, I don't knowwww. I might just switch up. Happy

Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.
Reika

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote        
I think you can still get the items.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote        
More thingies that can be clicked to make bigger::

Watercolour thing for Keylaleigh

Thingies for the item designs

Random sketchies

Sam !

Some guy. Idk which one I like the best
The Original:

Edited: