Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Post new topic   Reply to topic All of Lexi's Writings (in one convenient thread) =D
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
The first thing I will put on here is one of my entries to a past contest on here... which would be....

Fade to Darkness
The light in the building flickered before they faded to black. “Damn it!” a loud voice echoed throughout the hospital. Footsteps sounded going tck tck hurriedly moving to find a flashlight. It was very unusual that the power completely blanked out. A back-up generator usually kicked in. Of course it was storming outside but there was no way none of the back-ups kicked in.

Natalie had been sipping coffee in the break room when the lights went down. The hot coffee was now down the front of her and she had been the one who had cursed. She was wearing her nurse’s outfit, a white knee-length dress and white heels. She had just started working at her new job and was only 23.

“I’m never going to be able to get this stain out!” she whined.

“Shut up and help me find o flashlight,” john, one of the other doctors that had been in the break room with her growled. A dim light lit up the room and crossed it before landing on her.

“Get it out of my eyes!” Natalie said, while throwing her hands up in front of her face.

A bit calmer this time John said, “It’s dying let’s go see if any of the others have better flashlights.” Without waiting for her to answer he started walking towards the door. Natalie rushed after him almost tripping on her heels.

“Wait for-“ Natalie could barely get the words out of her mouth before john said, “It’s locked.” His voice echoed throughout the room leaving a eerie atmosphere. The fear of the dark came naturally to Natalie. She never did enjoy it. Every creek in the floor or footstep made her jump and sent chills down her spine.

“That can’t be possible!” Natalie exclaimed and tried the door for herself with no luck. She knocked on the door a couple times with no luck. Fear, getting the best of her, made her pound both fists on the door as hard as she could. She let out a whine and leaned against the door tired out.

“Stop that!” John said grabbing her arm. John had been working at the hospital for about 15 years. He was widowed, and his wife died in a terrible accident. He was a cold person, and had gray hair. Most people in the hospital avoided him, afraid they would get on his bad side.

“Natalie.” A voice whispered in her ear.

“What John?” she asked. “Huh, I didn’t say anything.” He said. The flashlight he was holding flickered and faded to black. Natalie let out a scream and a flash of lightning lit up the room. Behind John was a black figure looming with what looked like a knife held high above his head.

“John!” She screeched stumbling backwards. “Wha-“ his sentence was cut short by the sound of his screams and metal meeting skin. Natalie dashed for where she thought the door was and grabbed the knob. It opened with ease and she flew out the door and onto the floor. Another screech escaped her throat as she scrambled to her feet and kicked off her heels.

“Help me! Anyone please help me!” she yelled at the top of her lungs while running down the hallway. Spiders crawled along the walls as if they were chasing her. Corpses crawled out of the doorways moaning. The only source of light was the areas near the windows were the moon shined in. Natalie stopped for a half of a second deciding which turn to make, she didn’t hear a thing. No screaming, no beeping of heart monitors, no chatter of visitors, nothing. It was as if everyone disappeared leaving her to face this hell hole alone.

She turned and started running down another hallway. A foot came out of the darkness and tripped Natalie so she fell on her face. She whimpered and rolled over. Above her was a black figure with no eyes no nose and a sewn shut mouth. The little hair it had was grey and crawling with bugs.

“Please… I don’t want to die…” she whimpered. Those were the last words she whispered before fainting and fading to darkness.

“This is where we keep the special cases!” a doctor said cheerfully to a small family who was getting a tour of the hospital. He continued walking past a door without explaining it. “Wait, what’s in there?” one of the women in the family asked.

“Oh, she is one of the special cases. She has a very extreme case of schizophrenia.” He replied. He opened the door which led into a completely white room with cushions for ever four walls as well as the ceiling and floor. The girl on the floor of the cell whimpered “Please… I don’t want to die…” before convulsing and laying still.

“Oh my god! Is she going to be okay?” The woman exclaimed in surprise.

“She’ll be just fine.” As he finished his sentence the girl who had just convulsed jumped to her feet and eyed up the woman. The girl’s mouth hung limp and her eyes had a wild look in them. She craned her neck and made a cracking noise before jumping onto the woman and tackling her to the ground. She began ripping at the woman’s skin with her teeth as she screeched and made animalistic noises.

The lights in the hospital flickered then faded to darkness.

Tada... next thingy coming soon...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote        
I wonderfully cannot for the life of me find my junk drive.... WONDERFUL!!! T_T