Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
setsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote        
Melwe's smile became a little brighter upon seeing Wachiru's genuine one. "Is there any chance that there is a room left to rent for a few weeks? If so, how much do you charge? And in either case, could I get a glass of water.." Her stomach rumbled, and she looked a bit embarrassed. ".. and I suppose a bowl of soup and some bread?"
Atraea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:50 pm Reply with quote        
Sirrane nodded and Iregi, and took care of the customers entering, taking orders, bringing them back to the bar, and bringing them orders. The small talk was nice, most of the customers were friendly folks' polite, unlike a few of the places she had worked prior. When she went to bring some orders back, she noticed the young woman who had just entered. She smiled and nodded to the woman, seeing that Wachiru already had her taken care of, and went back to the other customers.

She forgot how much work was involved, and was actually starting to feel worn out, but kept going, making her way to the next table. "How's everything going over here? Anything else I can get you folks?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote        
Amalia wondered what to do. She nodded to Wachiru before leaving the inn. She still hadn't done one of her shows yet, she realized, though she couldn't do it until nightfall. She decided to have a stroll around the streets. She passed several shops, and a bakery with an aroma that made her mouth water. A beggar was sitting down leaning against a wall. He was wearing a tattered hood and she couldn't see his face. He had his hand held out.
Amalia felt pity for him, so she took a silver coin out of her leather pouch and put it in his hand. 'Thank'ee, kind lady,' he said. Chiru suddenly started snarling, and he was the last thing she saw before all went black.

((uh oh))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote        
((AAAANNND REVIVE))

Sirrane was just sitting down to rest, having taken care of most of the other customers. Most of them were just getting settled, ready for the show Amalia was about to perform. Just as she was getting comfortable at the bar, it occurred to her that Amalia had left earlier, and had yet to return...at least as far as she knew. She took one last stroll around the lobby and tavern area asking various customers if they needed anything before heading back to the bar.

"Hey, Wachiru, isn't Amalia supposed to be starting soon? Where is she?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quote        
Wachiru had just finished chatting with some customers when Sirrane approached him. asking about Amalia. He stretched his neck to look at a window. "Hm, you right, she should be starting soon. I haven't seen her for a while though," he said, wondering where she was and looking around the room in case he could spot her.

"She headed out earlier," Iregi said as he passed by with a platter of empty mugs. "Probably wanted to pass some time before her show or something," he added as he returned to the room, all the mugs on his platter having been filled.

"Well, she's most likely just late then," Wachiru said. Although, he didn't really like thinking that the girl was outside at night. True, she was probably able to defend herself, and the city was normally pretty calm, but there were always a few shady people running around at night. "Hopefully she'll be here soon," he added, resuming his job. If not, we'll need to go find her...

killerkitty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote        
((.__. Since I can't remember what my character was supposed to do next, I'll pretend that never happened.))

Amalia realized it was getting dark. She headed back to the inn, comtemplating how the stars appeared in the sky, like tiny sparks of fire. The streets aquired a magical feeling, with lights showing through the windows and aromas from shops reached her. She kept her head clear though, for thieves and assassins could be hiding in every shadow.

She soon arrived at the inn, Chiru darting ahead of her. He earned several odd glances from the costumers, but otherwise didn't attract too much attention. Amalia waved too Wachiru. 'I'll be back in a moment,' she said.

She went to her inn room, closed the door behind her and took her travelling robes off, revealing brightly coloured clothes. Chiru sat beside her on the bed, knowing what those clothes meant and with an expectant gleam in his eyes.

Amalia cupped her hands and a flame appeared. 'It is time to play,' she said.

All the candles in the main room of the inn suddenly went out and the people heard someone walk to a space in the room. Amalia was suddenly lit up as a ring of fire appeared.

Isroen finished cooking the orders and wiped his hands. He then went over to the door leading to the main part of the inn and opened it quietly, sensing that his sister's show was beginning.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:21 pm Reply with quote        
Sirrane was delivering one last plate of food to a table when she saw Chiru dart across the floor and right through her legs. "Whoa hey--!" She managed to keep her balance, and she looked up seeing Amalia walk through the door heading for her changing room. "Oh! There you are. We were wonderin' where you'd gone off too..." Sirrane took care of the last of the customers before heading back to the bar to watch Amalia's show and rest her tired feet. As often as she had done this job, the initial ache of her feet after a first night of work never ceased. Suddenly the room darkened, and there was a ring of fire, where Amalia stood, striking a pose in ehr dance garb. Siranne smiled as the rest of the tavern clapped and cheered.

Ahhh, this takes me back...

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote        
Isroen watched as his sister started dancing, moving ever faster and faster as the fire moved with her, dancing with her. She's far more amazing than I remembered. She's improved a lot. I remember when she was still trying to stop the fire from burning the house down. He grinned to himself. It feels like an eternity ago.

Amalia felt the heat of the flames caressing her skin as she danced with quick, elegant movements. She felt the adrenaline and excitement come to her, take control of her as she and the fire became one with each other. Then her movements began to lose speed and the fire dimmed until the place was in complete darkness again. Amalia slipped away and as soon as she was out of sight the light went back on.

Amalia sighed and relaxed as she went back to her room. She remembered the first night she had performed after meeting Chiru. Her body had been humming with heat and energy and he had got frightened. Now though he was used to it, though he flinched slightly when she touched him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote        
Wachiru had been in his usual spot behind the bar when the show started, finishing serving the last order to some customers who had soon been distracted by Amalia's performance. At first, the flame made him a little uncomfortable, seeing burning fire in the middle of his precious inn always giving him some bad feeling, but soon he lost himself in the show.

After Amalia exited the room and the lights turned back on, the gathered crowd started cheering and clapping, apparently pleased with the show. The innkeeper gathered the comments as most customers left, pleased to hear they had appreciated their night. When most people were gone, he returned to the room to clean a bit, Iregi helping him.

~ After a long day, when all the common chores are done, everyone headed for their respective room for a good night of sleep.

A few weeks have passed, taking Midorea to the end of fall. Although the Great Gated City's climate is temperate, a cool wind often blows at night, making people want to spend more time inside. And since many rumors have spread about the quality of the inn and the shows it offers, a lot of people are heading there every night.

And now, early on the quiet morning of last day of the eleventh month...

Iregi walked down the stairs and into the main room of the inn, surprised to find it empty. He was usually the last one to arrive... With a shrug, he headed into the kitchen to put some water to boil and make some tea, returning to the main room when it was ready with a platter of bread, fruits, cheese and ham ready for everyone, and the usual teapot and cups.

Seeing as he was still the only one awaken, he sat in front of the bar, the platter in front of him, grabbed a piece of bread and started to eat.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quote        
Isroen yawned as he entered the kitchen. He walked over to the half-open door leading to the main room. He peeked through it, to find Iregi there.

'G'moring,' he said, brushing some black hair from his face. He was getting quite comfortable in this inn. The first few days he was constantly wondering if he shouldn't just steal everything and leave, but he was beginning to get used to sleeping during the night and his cooking was improving. He also enjoyed watching his sister perform. He was glad to have a roof over his head instead of sleeping outside most of the time, unprotected from the elements. And he liked his new clothes, they actually fitted him.

Amalia sighed. She liked watching the sun rise from the roof of the inn, with Chiru sitting on her lap, purring like a cat. She liked the feel of the cold wind, signalling the proximity of winter. She climbed back down and entered her room through the window.

She was getting restless. She loved visiting towns, staying for a few days, earning some money. But she was feeling compressed, like someone was squeezing the air out of her. She needed freedom, away from so many people, so much continuous noise and movement.

'Chiru,' she said, earning a twitch of his ear, 'I think we'll have to leave soon, don't you agree? I'm getting sick of these walls. My mind and legs ache for adventure. And all these shows are starting to leave me a bit tired.' The fox yipped and rubbed himself against her, as if trying to comfort her.

'Though before that, I think I might like some breakfast,' she commented.