Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote        
The "path", or pen or whatever it's called, is a vector tool. In short, you can trace a line, and then modify parts of it, which is really useful when doing linearts. And since you can modify them, you don't need a pressure-sensitive device. You can just click with your mouse and select the points you want to edit and how thick/thin the line should be at that place. Useful, eh? Hai

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:19 am Reply with quote        
ohhh yes. no i can use the pen tool Smile that comes in VERY handy when you dont have a tablet XD

the pen tool is great for things like frames of animation, but when it comes to still pictures i prefer how hand-drawn lines look, particularly with the pressure sensitivity on. the pen tool looks quite blockish sometimes.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, that's what I find too. Though, some people can do amazing things with it. I guess I just need more practise XD

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:48 am Reply with quote        
Mine was 100USD. There was three different kinds of tablets by wacom and mine was the one in the middle so there definitely a cheaper one.

Try ebay? Most people will shop to the UK it will just cost a little more but I would still imagine it being much much cheaper for you.

The path tool is what I used before I got my tablet, it's pretty easy once you figure it out, much easier than trying to draw with a mouse. :3

Sorry I kind of abandoned this thread I totally forgot about it. xDD

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Tempest Maximum Aleta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote        
Cute!

And that second one you posted is AH-MA-ZING!

Well, not the best, no offense, but I really, really like it for some reason. Happy Bouncy Heart
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, LUF, which tablet did you decide to buy, why, and what features do you wish the tablet had that more expensive ones do have? Sorry for the questionaire, I'm trying to decide on what tablet to buy now that I have been exposed to their awesomeness. lol =P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 am Reply with quote        
I'm not LUF, but if it can help, I picked a Wacom Bamboo Tablet (link here, my tablet looks like the one here). Mine is an older model though, so the following might have changed for newer versions.

It has a lower degree of sensibility than the other models (Intuos and the like), but it's something like 1024 compared to 2048 for the others, so it's still a lot more than a mouse with only one level.

It also has less customizable buttons on it (keys you can press to either open an application or select certain things in some softwares), then again, I have 5 and don't use them anyway.

The sensitive area (the space where you can use the pen), is small, but again, a bigger tablet isn't necessarily useful. It takes space and forces you to do larger moves with your arms (unless you just use a small part of it, but than it's useless), which are not really what you would do when drawing on a small sheet of paper and the like.

It's biggest advantage is the price. Mine is similar to the Bamboo pen, although it came with a wireless mouse too, so it cost a bit more, but I think you can get one new for 70USD or so. Than again, there's a chance you can find them in store for lower price too.

Hope it helps Wink

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you very much Maeve! I'm thinking about getting one for Christmas and you answered my question. I was also looking at the Bamboo Tablet on some website, and brought up another website that compares it to the intuoso. It made the Intuoso seem like that higher than the flying spaghetti monster. (So pretty much it made it seem like god, sorry for a religious refrence I couldn't think of a better one, I hope nobody is offended.) But now that I think about it I probably wont be using those fancy applications very often. So yes, I have decided on the bamboo one. But my parents for some reason are pushing me to get the 99USD one... which is confusing, wouldn't you think they would like to pay less money? But what ever their reason...I can live with it XD

So yes, thank you Maeve!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:39 pm Reply with quote        
No problem ^^

That's pretty much how I got mine XD
I was walking in a store one day with my mom and noticed they were selling tablets. I stopped and then my mom asked what it was and which one was best (the cheaper pen-only one or the pricier (20$ more) one with a mouse), I said I preferred the mouse one since it be one less thing plugged into my laptop, and bingo! Got one for Christmas.

I think they don't have mouses anymore though, but some work like a touchpad (the crappy device you find on laptop). That's probably what the 99$ does, although I don't really see a use for it. Meh... Wink

Basically, the Intuos are professional tablets, so they are really great, but unless you want to be a professional artist or something, they are a bit pricey for a simple hobby. And I've seen people do amazing stuff only with Bamboo.

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
craaaap iono what the one I got is called. The box just says Bamboo on the top and wacom on the side. When I went to best buy they had three different priced ones(all bamboo by wacom) and mine was the the 2nd most expensive one. I think the cheapest one was $50

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Twigg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote        
I love it, LUF!
Happy

It's so cute! How much for one? Cause I want.

Made by the supermegaawesome Kaishi!

How about a doll?
Come buy one!