Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
I've always wanted to publish something, but it seems to me that today, people are reading so little that it seems kind of pointless. Despite the subject that I'm writing about or even the quality in which it's written, I feel that no one will even glance at it because they don't read.

Does anyone else have these worries about publishing their literature? Have you ever published anything, and if so, what's it about?

Kuma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote        
I think it mostly depends of what you are writing and how you are writing (basically what's your audience). Some crappy teenage books seem to have no problem with finding readers (if you can call them that). Of course, if you go into more "adult" subjects, there's a chance you will have less readers, simply because less people might find your subject attractive.

I don't really consider this aspect when I write. I mean, I write for myself first, because it helps me place my thoughts and relaxes me. If I ever publish something and it gets popular/read, well, I'll be happy with it, but I'm not doing it thinking that my books will ever be read in the first palce, so it's just a nice bonus if it happens.
Then again, I've heard many story of people wanting to publish something, but getting denied by editors because it was not "something the market would like". Which is a good reason if you think about it in terms of business, but can obviously be frustrating for an autor.

Art by Boku wa Kuma