Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Post new topic   Reply to topic So what's the running value of pixel art at present?
Amlynd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:43 am Reply with quote        
Hello again, Midorea! I'm trying to get back into dolling and the rest of pixel art at present, but the problem is, I'm not exactly the Most Motivated Person Ever. I tend, when working for myself, to get pretty lazy once I get into the pixeling process.

So I thought, why not start a shop? I'd probably try to do an order a week at first, so as to keep the load pretty light 'til I got back into the swing of things.

I consider myself a pretty decent pixel artist, since I've had about six years of practice. I'll post some examples when I get home this afternoon, so you have something to look at to give me a more accurate estimate, but right off the bat I just want a quick idea of the market value of pretty detailed pixel work.

:P Thanks in advance.
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote        
The only person I know selling pixels at the moment here is Twigg. You can take a look at her shop here. Maybe it can give you an idea of the prices.

And I'll wait 'til I see examples to really try my hand at pricing your art Wink

Amlynd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:10 pm Reply with quote        
That is fair and reasonable!

Alright, after a bit of searching (all the most recent pixels got deleted in an OS shift, sadface, but I still have a few decent ones), I've found some examples worth posting!

(Images linked to base-maker.)

(warning, bit of onsite profanity on the second one, in case that bothers you)

The last one was a work in progress before my OS switch in January. Sad Goodbye, muscley demon man.

I'm sure the quality of my work has changed at least a bit recently, but this is a good example of what I've been capable of in the past! So yes.

I was also thinking about selling sketches if I could get my printer hooked up. Do those sell well here?
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
Nice pixels. I'm not really an expert at pricing those (not that I'm an expert at pricing anything anyway), but they'd probably start for around 500 silver for small ones, and go up depending of the complexity and size of the piece.

Sketch can sell nicely, mostly depends of their quality and the number of people around to buy.

I'll suggest you what I've told pretty much everyone recently: make an art auction. It'd be the easier way to see how many people are interest in your work, and how much you can get for it. Wink