Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Merium Shiro

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote        

Introduction and History
In the land of Zivir Humans lived in peace. Everyone in Zivir is born with a type of crystal in their position. Each Crystal has one of many elements. You See Zivir is a Land of magic and mystery. Those born without their crystals are exiled or killed.
One Dark Story Night the Queen bore twin sons. One was born with the Dark Crystal. The Other...None. The Crystal-less boy was taken out of the castle and to the neighboring land Saffir. He was hidden among the Mani, a sub human/creature race, where he was raised by a childless couple.
One day the Zivir Humans attacked the Mani.
The Zivir have a deep secret prediction
"Of Two royal nightly twins One Will have the power to destroy the worlds"
On the Queens Deathbed she told her son that she had bore him a twin that night. She had him promise to find him and disprove the prediction. as she drew her last breath, The older twin swore to his mother he would find his twin and let him visit her grave. She died smiling, thinking that her son may get to meet each other once again.
But the king did not like the idea. He sent a band of assassins to kill the hiding prince.
The Younger twins barely manged to escape the village he knew as home.
He Then Met up with a strange magician, The magician told him the story and now the younger twin wants to find his brother.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
Rules and Explanation of Magic System
Rules
Try to be literate or Semi-Lit
Spelling errors are Ok (to a Point, make sure we can tell what the word is)
No god modding
All Elements Have a weakness
Please fill out the form and PM to me to be added.
You don't have to have your Profile in the Profile post to start RPing. Just Jump in and I'll add the Profile when I get to it.
Please type "RP" and Title to the PM so I know you read the rules
Do not use * or - for Actions, RP like a Book.
Use (()) for OCC Talk
Magic System
In The RP there is a magic system. There are different types of elements that correspond with the magic
Water
Air/Wind
Light
Fire
Dark
Earth
Plasma
Spirit
Death
Life/Energy
Each Element has a Weakness and A strong point. This is the list:
Water is strong against Fire but weak against Earth.
Air/Wind is strong against Light but weak against Plasma.
Light is strong against Dark but weak against Air/Wind.
Fire is strong against Earth but weak against Water.
Dark is strong against Spirit but weak against Light.
Earth is strong against Water but weak against Fire.
Plasma is strong against Air/Wind but weak against Life/Energy.
Spirit is strong against Death but weak against Dark.
Death is weak against Life/Energy but weak against Spirit.
Life/Energy is strong against Plasma but weak against Death.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote        

The Zivir Humans
The Zivir Humans are normal looking humans except they can use magic. Each Human can only use the element crystal they where born with. Till the age of 10 they wear there crystals along there neck. At that time they are given a chose of weapons to attach there crystals into. These weapons then become there sole summoning object so they can summon and use there magic
The Mani
The Mani are a type of Sub-human/creature race. They usually look human but have creature/animal characteristics Like Ears Tail or Wings.
The known Mani Races are
Cat
Dog
Rat
Bird
Dragon (rare)
Fish (like Merpeople, Rare)
Then in each Race are sub races
In example in the Cat Race there are the Lion Sub-Race, The Tiger Sub-race and so on
The Mani Race Doesn't use magic They can Transform into there sub specie animal race and fight that way or with weapons.
Profile Form
Quote:

Username:
Roleplay Character Name:
Appearance: (You may use a picture, but remember to post only a link to the picture. I won't have any page stretching.)
Element: ( For Humans only)
Weapons: (for Both Races)
Powers:
Race: (human or Mani: Please list what kind of Mani)
Small Bio:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote        
Profile Post
Username: Merium Shiro
Roleplay Character Name: Tarun Kili, Varun Kili
Appearence:Tarun has Long Blue Hair, Varun has long greenish Hair
Element: Tarun: None Varun: Dark
Weapons: Tarun: Bow and Arrows Varun: Rapier
Powers: Both: None
Race: Human
Small Bio: Tarun is the crystal-less twin son of the King of Zivir, He was sent to a small mani village by his mother to be raised in peace. On his mothers deathbed, his twin brother Varun made a promise to her to find his brother and bring him back to see her grave before he died. Those without crystals have very short life spans. Tarun's time draws near. Tarun also likes to sing.

Keylaleigh wrote:
Username: Keylaleigh
Roleplay Character Name: Beanni Jerbo
Appearance: click here
Element: n/a
Weapons: A small pocketknife
Powers: She naturally has a very keen sense of smell, and has impeccable balance
Race: Rat Mani
Small Bio: Beanni was orphaned by the Zivir humans after their attack on the Mani. Since then, she has lived off the street, resorting to begging and petty theft to get by. She is perfectly fine with that way of life, though. She is very adventurous and always willing to explore new places. She has to get out of the city first, though.

sonaxakai wrote:
Username:sonaxakai
Roleplay Character Name: Ginko Yasuko(Silver child)
Appearance: Long silky silvery hair,Forest green eyes,Wears silver and white clothes
Element: Spirit
Weapons: Katana
Race: human
Small Bio: Her father died of an unknown disease and her mother then died while giving birth to her,shortly after she was fostered by a Mani family and quickly made friends with the Mani family child,she doesn't know her past and is now living on her own because she chose to

Username:sonaxakai
Roleplay Character Name: Chiaki Yasuko(very fine in autumn)
Appearance: short Red hair with orange streaks,Brown eyes,Always wears Red and orange clothes,Cardinal red wings
Weapons: Katana
Powers: can fly 12 times faster then her actual flight speed when she chooses to
Race: Mani:Cardinal
Small Bio: After she turned 6 her family started fostering a Zivir child who wander alone across the border quickly she made friends with her, after the child became 11 the child decided to leave

I don't care if I can't have two,I'll go with Mani anyways(I used to using one for one character)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
Got Questions? PM Them to Me and Ill answer them here. if you have a question, Someone else might have one as well
Q: What Kind of magic Do Spirit Users have?
A: Spirit Users can speak with the dead, and use holy magic

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote        
Tarun stood out at the side of the road. The sun setting behind the horizon, The cold winds started to blow as he tugged the ragged cloak around his body. The black bow he used hung on his back, kept hitting the back of his legs as he walked slowly towards what he thought was a building in the distance, he wouldnt tell what it was because of the sun in his eyes.
"What should I do?" he asked to himself.

Tarun started to sing while walking towards the building..
"For every man there is a cause which he would gladly die for, Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to, And every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation, And shed his blood, to stem the flood, to barricade invasion."

Tarun looked around, thinking that he saw something over the horizon, he knew the building was coming closer but still couldn't make it out. He just hoped it was an Inn and even thought he was on the Mani boarder, he hopes they would take him in.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote        
It took her days, but Beanni finally reached the small town. She was weary from the almost nonstop travel, and was ready to find a place to crash for the night. Then she would be continuing onwards to wherever the open road would take her.

The authorities had finally caught her one too many times, and she left before the repurcussions got serious. They were threatening jail if they caught her again. She valued her freedom too much. She didn't need anything fancy, just a warm alleyway where she could curl up for the night.

Merium Shiro

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote        
Tarun looked at the sky, it was becoming dark with clouds. The wind became colder as he ran towards the building now. It was now clear that it was a small village. He kept running as cold raindrops begun to fall.
Tarun ran into the closest building, which luckily for him was the Inn. He looked around taking in the room. The Mani man sitting at the desk looked at him. He wasn't use to seeing a human in Mani clothes or even smelling like a Mani, however business is business and even though he did not like humans he would give Tarun a room.
"Its 120gold for the night, take it or leave it human" the man told him coldly, "and if you want supper you'll have to pay an extra 30gold for it" he finished.
Tarun nodded and gave the man the gold.
"excuse me sir, how many more days is it to the next village?" he asked. If he was right the next village would be at lease 2 days and the city he was aiming for Camorte the boarder town of the two countrys would be about 2 weeks after that.
"Pobors is 2 days from here, your room is up the stairs 2nd one to the right, dont bother the others you'll have to take your meal in the room." the man said
Tarun nodded and took the key to the room and went upstairs

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:10 am Reply with quote        
Beanni watched with curiosity as the human walked into the inn. What was a human doing in Mani territory? She had to find out. She slowly walked into the inn. The innkeep looked at her and nodded in recognition. After the attack on the Mani, lots of children were left in the same state as her.
"Excuse me, sir, but who was that Human that just walked in?"
The inkeep shrugged. "I'm not sure, but he doesn't seem to be staying for long. Asked about how far away the next town was."
She thanked him for the information and started to walk out, but she was stopped when the inkeep put a hand on her shoulder. She turned around, and he held out a blanket.
"You don't have any money, I can see, but at least take this. It's going to be cold tonight, and I don't want any little Mani dead around my establishment."
She smiled. "Thank you. That was very kind."
He nodded and she walked outside. When the first gust of cold wind hit, she was glad to have the blanket. She went around to the corner and sat down, huddled in the warm fabric.

Merium Shiro

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote        
Tarun came back down from his room. He went back up to the man at the desk.
"What do you want human, you already confuse me, smelling of our kind.." the old man said.
"I was raised by a kind old Mani couple since I was a newborn, that is why I smell and act like a Mani, however I would like to know if I may post this job offer on the message board, of course I'll pay you to put it up." he asked
"Oh, I see, young one, a human raised by Mani, you may post your job offer then, 50 gold to post it" he said.
Tarun handed him the gold plus a tad more
"Thank you very much" he said
He walked over to the message board and posted the following job offer
"Looking for traveling companions and bodyguards
Will pay half in advance, the rest when the job is done.
Going to Comorte
Come see me in the room up the stairs 2nd to the right
thank you"
Tarun made his way back up the stairs

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote        
Beanni saw the shadows from the main room of the inn, one looking vaguely human-like. Her curiosity piqued once again, she wandered back into the inn.
"I can't give you any more unless you pay." The inkeeper looked over at her.
Beanni nodded. "I understand. I just wanted to see what was going on. Y'see, there's nothing good happening outside, so I thought I'd see what was happening inside. I saw moving shadows and thought I'd take a look."she smiled.
"Oh. The human put something on the board. Not sure what, but you can go take a look at it.
She made her way to the board and skimmed over the new notice. "Traveling companions..." she muttered. "I wonder if I could be an eligible companion?" she looked over at the inkeep. "Do you mind if I go talk to the human?"
"Go ahead." He waved her towards the stairs, and she went up to the second room to the right and knocked gingerly on the door.
"Hello?"

Merium Shiro

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote        
Tarun heard a knock at the door
"Finally" he thought to himself, "someone might be able to help me"

he went to the door and opened it slowly
"Hello? Are you here about my notice?" he asked

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 am Reply with quote        
Beanni nodded slowly. "Yes I am, sir... It's just, I don't know if I'm good enough to be a traveling companion. I've never done it before, and..." she trailed off, looking up at the human. He was much taller than her, but then again, that was expected. Rat Mani were naturally very short.
She took a deep breath. "Well, I've been wandering for the past few days alone, and it's been getting really boring. I think traveling with somebody would be a little more interesting. Even if I'm not eligible for payment, I'd still like to come along." She smiled.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote        
Jaden had had just about enough. As one of few humans traveling in Mani territory, she thought she had gotten used to the disgust and hatred the Mani oozed every time she approached one. But the innkeeper had been even worse, not even bothering to disguise his contempt. He'd shamelessly raised his prices tenfold simply because she wasn't Mani. 120 gold? She didn't have nearly that much! And even if she did, she wouldn't spend it on a tiny, filthy room at an inn like this. Jaden sighed, looking up in hopeless frustration at the rain clouds that refused to spare her an inch of misery. She was so tired... at this point, all she wanted was to sleep on a real bed, but it looked like that just wasn't going to happen.

Jaden yawned and felt her eyes starting to close. "No!" she thought. "I can't fall asleep here." It would be a very, very bad idea to leave herself defenseless in a place where nearly everyone was literally out to get her. She didn't have a choice: she needed to stay awake to protect herself. Unfortunately, in the past week, she'd spent far too much time protecting herself and far too little time sleeping. So it was no surprise that her exhaustion overcame her better judgement and she slept.

((Sorry this is so long... its only because this is the intro. My other posts will be shorter!))

The first thing Jaden was aware of was hatred. It was so sudden, and so strong, that it shocked Jaden into consciousness just in time to throw her arms up over her head and deflect the blow that came immediately after.
Although she didn't realize it at the time, the hatred probably saved Jaden's life. Because the girl's arms were raised, the impact of the blow only fractured her wrist, instead of breaking her skull. Jaden cried out in pain and threw herself sideways into a barely-controlled tumble in an attempt to escape her attackers. Unfortunately, there was nowhere for her to go. The small human was completely surrounded by four burly Tiger Mani with the wall of the inn at her back. Jaden felt a stab of fear. "Shit," she thought, "I may not make it out of here alive."
indigoowls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote        
(Not Sure whether I can start posting but it says in the rules 'to jump in' so I may as well, i'll delete later if i cant!)

Coraline Stared. It was rude, yes, but she couldn't help it. these people had, she giggled to herself, ears!Her mother and father looked at her as if she was mentally insane, which in their opinion, she was. Cora just smiled back, smiling meant her parents couldn't be cross with her. Just upset she was crazy.
Apolo, who'd been a perfectly well behaved cat while they'd been unloading skitted out from her arms and through the open window, down the street of eared and tailed people. Oh cuss, Cora sighed and slipped out the window to while her mother and father were having one of their 'adult conversations'.
She should of known better than to chase a cat through a new street in the night, but it didn't cross her mind as she dodged round the eared people after her cat. Apolo stopped momentairly, and Cora lept to catch it, but the cat jumped up and through an Inn's window. Cora looked round from the floor and realised, she was lost.