Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Music & Lyrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Nova

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
French hip-hop is pretty brutal, because french is such an... erh... I don't know this word in English... erh...
It's a language filled with emotion.
Sensual things sound more sensual in French, and angry things, like angry french hip-hop, sounds so raw an angry.
I don't know the names of any bands or songs though, I just listen to what my friend shows me and thanks god I have at least one friend with that interest ._.
mdom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
I am Brazilian, so if anyone would like to know more about Brazilian music... let me know.
I don't listen much to brazilian music myself xD but that's cause I believe all good songs are old and overplayed.
ecco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote        
Cansei de ser Sexy are from Brazil, right?

mdom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, they are. But musically I'd say they're more american xD
This is another brazilian indie band that tries to sound more typical :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgb6FxuaPQA

ecco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:59 am Reply with quote        
ahh, i thought so. i really like them, tho XD

ooooh i like this song. its got a really nice beat <3 and its really weird seeing a video on youtube with pretty much no english comments haha. its kinda nice tho Smile

mdom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote        
Well, I guess I can spam the topic with videos in another language xD
This one is a french classic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-7idLc-Xak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote        
Today I fell in love with Otto Dix. They're a Russian Dark Wave band, all their songs are in Russian. I have no idea what the lyrics are about (but I hear nothing much ambitious), but it doesn't matter. I love the music and the vocalist's voice. So beautiful.

Oh, right. And there's XIII Stoleti, a Czech gothic rock band. Their songs are in Czech...which sounds rather silly. XD

Please, draw me a Nomadic Glowing Rasta Fungus?

<- Pure epic win and awesome! Happy
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote        
I actually discovered a Lebanese undergroud indie band, Mashrou Leila. I'm very impressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvr7KXAfck
mdom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I like it! Reminds me of gogol bordello, with guitar and violin together, but less agitated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:32 am Reply with quote        
I'm pretty enthusiastic with languages and took a Spanish GCSE (Got a B) so I actually got some songs that I found on the PROMUSICAE charts (I really wish every country had a version of it, makes things so much easier for finding music). But now I don't really use it since I stopped learning Spanish, and instead have a few French songs (All of them are by Shy'm, but then I haven't really looked any French artists up). I do really like Hollywood by Reisegruppe Fischer (only German song I've really heard).

All of my Japanese songs are Jpop and from Anime (Although I have loads by Nana Kitade) and I've listened to a few Kpop songs (I like the Wonder Girls). Also I really like Mandopop (Jolin Tsai - Wu Niang is really good). But I'm really limited as I don't bother to look for the songs much.

The only Italian songs that I really liked were the covers for Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch (one of the best is Assoluto Amore by Sara). And I've not much exposure to Portuguese songs (the only one I like / know is Flor-de-Lis - Todas As Ruas Do Amor because I heard it on Eurovision). I've also looked for Russian music on youtube but am useless at finding songs.

I suppose I only really like pop (I just can't stand rap, but I think it's only English rap) and I'm annoyed that almost no one sings in their native language and only English on Eurovision, it's such a let down! This year's winner is German but sang in English, Lena - Satellite (the song's really good, but I was hoping to hear them in German). It wasn't even released or publicised in the UK but all of Europe had already feel in love with it months before. Still I guess I'm grateful to the French for being stubborn and not singing in English LOL (I really liked their song this year, Allez Ola Ole). I never really support the UK and usually want 2 or 3 other countries to win, everyone know the UK is nil pois (a popular drinking game is having shots every time the UK get no points, which happens quite a lot)!

So yeah I like to hear loads of songs in other languages but just can't find many. I'm hoping to learn fluently French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin (maybe Korean as well). But I have no idea how I could use 10 different languages everyday!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote        
I listen to spanish songs too. But that's mainly because I live in Spain, and most of it's kinda crap, actually. It's only at parties and stuff that they're more or less okay. And spanish folksongs are so lool, that I start giggling whenever I hear them,