Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat

hi there ima a poll
Goodie
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Baddie
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
Ok this came about as I was rping actually. I have also noticed it with some of my regular writing as well. I find myself liking my bad characters better than my good ones.

It's typically the good ones I come up with first and are the start of the story or I make them up for an rp and such. Well I recently created a bad guy character for an rp I am in and I find myself liking her more than the original character I came up for it. Such as with my actual writing.

So I guess when it comes down to it. Do you find yourself liking certain aspects of a good char more than your bad char or vise versa?

I find myself doing it quite a bit. Embarrassed

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quote        
I like coming up with the Main Character's best friend/companion because they drive the story along.

Villain-wise, I ALWAYS do my midboss first. Because they always have more screen time than the big bad. Hence my love for them.

And yes, I love writing bad guys more than good guys because they can do more. Good guys normally have some sort of code, while bad guys do not. Or it's a looser code. Plus, showing a humiliated villain is so much more fun than a hero.

Martyr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quote        
Well with my recent experiences *Waves at Bella and Aiden* I'm really starting to enjoy playing the dark side. My original character was supposed to be a major sore thumb and a thorn-in-their-side who eventually turns good. They were also planned to befriend the good guys but still fight them and all that kinda stuff. But now I'm not too sure what will happen, I do really enjoy this unexpected happiness at playing the char though. Maybe I'll even be able to bring back the traitor to be bad again, who knows?

But yeah, with good guys you have to play by the rules, although they do often have the most screen time so they get to play a variety of roles whereas a baddy usually just plots and schemes, plots and schemes, fight, fight, fight. Although I've actually found out the plotting is comparable to the everyday activities of the goodies if played right. And anyway, with a baddy you can do what you want, where you want, how you want and kick butt all day.

So yeah basically I love the dark side for their cookies.
Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
Don't really like "baddies".

Mostly because mine tend to start off wicked and reeeeally evil and then either do one of three things:
1 - Reform.
2 - Die.
3 - Turn supremely ridiculous.

Thus, the reason why I like to write Goodies.

...that, and my Goodies tend to have this disease where they turn into Baddies...

And then the cycle starts again D:

I will take your breath away
...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
I'm vegetarian, I'd be a crap zombie.
Fear the wrath of the vegetarian zombie!! It will invade your vegetable gardens and turn all the cabbages into zombie vegetables! >:o
DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote        
It mostly depends of the gender of my characters.

For male characters I like portraying them as my "knight on his white horse" (read: guy of my dreams XD): I make them kind of with an ambiguous (SP?) morality; tough, loner, cynical or plain outlaw. Of course even if they look like some modern cowboys or some Han Solo spin off, they are willing to risk their life to protect innocent people or to give a fair fight...

As for female characters, I make them more like the unleashed dark part of my personnality: they are a mostly lain pain in the ass... They are impulsive, violent, bitchy, a little sadistic, greedy, loud mouth SOBs... Heck: just to say, in my current writing project, the main character (which is the narrator) wants to sabotage some governement mission to save the world only for the fun of ruining everything. Yeah, a she-troll... Since to acheive that she must get rid of some guy, she always try plotting a way to kill him (even if she is secretly found of him). And since she is the narrator, I can bitch out outrageously everything I want, from certain type of people to some city or some other characters... Then I make a lot of dark humour and grim allusions only to stir up the readers, muahahahaha Twisted Evil Freedom!

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
Martyr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, DrukenShark, that sounds devilishly divine! I look forward to reading it if you ever publish it (whether it's on here or as a book!)
DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote        
well, I'm already at my 8th chapter with around 18000 to 21000 words each... Yet the whole thing is in my native language, in french XD

But, yeah, I'm having so much fun being a meanie by making a IRL troll character or so Laugh

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/