Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic What are you favourite genres of art & how did you find
alix the dorkk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote        
I lie fictional art.. Maybe some random sea-monster/Dragon. I like pencil drawings the most. Dont really like colors in my art. =)
shiro+

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quote        
I don't really know if this is a genre, but I like Rococo and The Hudson River School art style : )
tavis harts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote        
Hm.. for me it's pretty much all fictional art. I don't like drawing still life because I'm always overcome with the erge to just mess with the audience in some way.

I actually would do stuff like this just to see what the teacher would do too. In one lesson it was "draw your hand." I actually drew my hand.... as a severed limb with a knife next to it. It's fun watching what happens because you did complete the assignment exactly as they told you but change the parameters so they can't predict what you are going to do Ha ha

I alternate between anime and realism depending on the effect I'm after.

Mostly I work with fantasy art because I like to study folklore and mythology.
Jack Hemming

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote        
It seems I'm not the only one whose focus is mostly on black and white. Most of my drawings have that aspect but then again I also hate coloring (since I don't think I'm very good at it). But, I have bought my very first set of Prismacolors a little over two years ago to overcome my fear of coloring. xD

I wouldn't want to limit myself but, who am I kidding, my style is mainly anime but I dabble in all sorts of art. Watched Pokemon and continued watching then started drawing... yep.

"Abash’d the devil stood, and felt how awful goodness is,
and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely."

=Played by Natasha=