Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Arikana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 am Reply with quote        
So, I'm bored.. and curious; which is a very lethal combination as is. Remember that.

Anyways, I started wondering where all you Midoreans heard of this land that made you immigrate here from who knows where. In other words, how did you find the site?

I'm curious. So tell me your stories now.

*sits and readies herself for story time* :D

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
ecco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:37 am Reply with quote        
I saw a banner for Midorea over at Manga Bullet. I thought ooooh that looks pretty, so i clicked and voila! the front page told me the winter solstice event had just started, so I figured i'd join and check it out. and i liked it so much here that i stayed Hai

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:25 am Reply with quote        
I found Midorea during an easter event on Ernya. We were talking about previous avatar sites we had been on, and I mentioned Eternal Nox, saying that if I ever found an avatar site even somewhat similar, I'd join in a heartbeat.

Lo and behold, one of the other people on the site was from Nox, and they directed me to here. I saw it, fell in love, and made an account immediately.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote        
I was on Gaia at the time, but I had been looking for another community to join for a few months since Gaia was just becoming crap. I had gone through the usual sites people talk about (Roli, Mene, etc.), but none of them really appealed to me. So I think I googled something like "avatar site" and I found Midorea somewhere in the results list. It looked interesting, and it was still a very small community at the time, which I found nice, and so I joined ^^

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote        
You know how I got here, Ari. xP I was on Roli when you were looking for beta testers. I thought it'd be cool to be one of the first members of an avatar site, so I joined. I don't really remember what it was that made me stay for so long, but I've always enjoyed it here.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote        
I found this place by complete accident. I was reading a web comic that I enjoy and saw an add for here. I thought it was another web comic and the art was so pretty that I followed it. Of course that was the first time and I kindave shrugged the place off then because at that point I didn't want anything more to do with avi sites no matter how pretty they looked.

The second time is saw the ad though I actually looked into it and searched through member names to make sure and individual that I no longer wish to speak to didn't have an account here. He uses the same names everywhere. When I didn't see it I joined up and I've been here ever since. I love it here just because well its awesome compared to the site that shall not be named that I unfortunately have an account on.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote        
I'm kind of like KoyiTar. I found Midorea on accident, while reading comics. I saw a link to the site, and figured I'd click on it. I don't think I joined initially. But I checked back once in a while.

I had jost lost contact with people I used to role play with. Most of the reason was that there weren't many players on their sites and they closed them down. So, I figured I'd try this place out.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Matt the Merciless

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote        
A friend and I were looking around at different avatar sites, and he came across this and showed to me.
Nothing all that exciting XD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote        
I was actually looking at Matt the Merciless's blog, and saw his referral link from his twitter feed.
I desided to check you guys out, if you don't mind. XD
Erik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote        
I was browsing around looking for a new avatar community to be active on, and came across this site. The battle feature really drew me in, and I joined.
Skylark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
Google... and boredom.

Plus, I was happy to see some Solian refugees that I'm familiar with here. It made this site seem less scary because I already know people here rather than having to start entirely alone.
mdom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote        
Erik tweeted that solians were in midorea xD
So I came. Also I love tempus sans font !

Empy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:39 am Reply with quote        
Same as mdom, only Mist up there told me to come. I love how she invites me to sites but never things to use the referral system XD
setsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 am Reply with quote        
Matt the Merciless's link on facebook intrigued me. Smile I clicked it, and saw the gorgeous pixels, and immediately hunted for the sign up button.
Tashee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:06 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, I saw Matt the Merciless's tweet about how he found this site and decided to check it out. And I was surprised to hear that a lot of Solians have been migrating here as well~