Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote        
Same here! I pop on and off all day! I know when school starts up I'll be less frequent, but I have a month or so until that day.

ecco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote        
hehe same, tho i dont start uni until october so it's a ways off yet Smile tho also, theres very few people online during my daytimes when i'd normally be out at college or work anyway. most people come online from my evening time to early morning. D:

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
For me, EVERYBODY seems to get online the moment I start getting tired at night. It's kinda annoying, because I want to talk, but I know I need sleep.

ecco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote        
hahaha yea thats often the same for me. or more recently, lots of people seem to be online earlier in my evenings, but nobody usually posts *sigh* so much lurking, so little banter! i guess people are on earlier because its the summer so people dont have school/college/uni and such Smile

at least you post with me keyla! Happy

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote        
Yes I do! Because we ALWAYS happen to be on at the same time, for some reason.

ecco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote        
haha i think its just cos we both check in so often that we're bound to do it at the same time sooner or later XD

Arikana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote        
It's barely dead cause avatar sites are starting to die down. All of them are.

It's like they're not as popular as they once were.

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote        
I figured that had something to do with it too. Avatar sites used to be new and interesting, but now they're all viewed as the same. They don't bring anything new to the table. People are moving to places like youtube and facebook because it takes less effort to interact with others - you just vote a video up or click "like" on some random post. On avatar sites, you have to forge friendships through conversation and conversation alone, not to mention the effort it takes to have an intelligent debate. No one cares about depth anymore - simply mindlessness.

So no, I don't think that Mido will ever become super active. However, we have a good community, and we'll continue attracting similar personalities. I just hope that we can support the site for a long time to come.

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote        
i disagree though, i think that once there are more members and hopefully some more features to the site in future, people will spend more time here chatting and playing and such, so activity should get better with time Smile

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote        
Well I noticed and overflow to the site that must not be named recently when they linked themselves to Facebook. Not saying that Mido should do that but its a thought.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote        
@ecco: I know that we'll continue to get activity, but I highly doubt that we'll ever get as much as Roli or Gaia.

I'm a nay-sayer though. That's why I don't run advertisements. ;]

@Koyi: Yeah, we tried that once and didn't get very good results.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm I could always link it on my Facebook page I have several friends that might actually be interested in a place like this. Of course that's a long shot they would probably just play in the battle system and never chat. Most of them would be like sweet a battle system stays on there all the time.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote        
But we don't really need to be as active as Gaia or Roliana. However, if the forums could be a little more alive, it would be nice and I guess more appealing to new members/ potential new members.

We are still small, so I don't think the linking thing would work well for now. It's probably more effective when you already have a lot of people on your site who can comment and say how great it is and all. Plus it costs money... <.<
Maybe later, when we get more members, and by that I mean more active ones, who can act as "living ad" for the site. Wink

However, linking Midorea to your profile on any kind of community site would be nice. I tend to think that friends often share similar pastimes and tastes, so maybe a few more people will join that way ^^

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote        
maybe we should all start posting mido-related art to DA and other online galleries and such. attract people through pretty things >:3

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah that would be cool. I came here do to the art and thinking it was a web comic actually. Others might come simply do to the pretty artwork like I did.