Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote        
With all of the rolling around, my Seventh Sanctum thread was deleted. And being the blond I am IRL, I didn't save any of my posts.

So, let's start this up again. This is a thread for conversations about Seventh Sanctum, a site of random generators made to be used for art, writing... really, any creative medium.

So, what are your thoughts about the site? Do you actually use it to fuel your inspiration, or do you just go on there for the lulz? Post your experiences, or if you get any particularly hilarious results (the book that smells slightly of butter).

Oh yes, here's the website itself.

www.seventhsanctum.com

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote        
Keyla is blond! Laugh

Joking ^^
As I said, I mostly use Seventh Sanctum for the lulz. Some of those generators are just hilarious. I think my fav is the what-if-inator, which basically creates answers to the question "What if...?"

For example:
...Ptolemy was a cyberpunk?
...Saint Francis fought Beowuf?

One of my all time favourite was something like "What is Benjamin Francklin was captain of the Enterprise?"

Seventh Sanctum also has a good common name generator, which can be useful if you just want a quick name for some characters but have a hard time finding any on your own.
I don't really use it for my main characters, since I prefer to give them names that mean something (not literally, but that means something to me), but for all the second characters, NPCs and the like, it's really nice.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
I just restarted my Seventh Sanctum Writing forum as well. It took me a while to dig up what I had penned, but I found it again, and added characters as well!

If anybody else wants to add to it, feel free to!