Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Tieru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
I was wondering if I could get any good critiques on some of my pictures. If you want to critique though, you have to have an explanation as to why you think so. Something like "I think you need to make his eyes smaller because he looks older" or "You might need to practice male chests becuase this guy's is a little flat and out of proportion of a regular guy's chest". Not too hard, yes?

Here are some of my things I would like critisism before I finish them (aka they are W.I.P, and I would like a critique now before I've already colored)-
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m113/antipuppetkiller/Save0006-1.png
I'm not crazy about his chest. I started coloring it, which is the next picture.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m113/antipuppetkiller/Save0006c.png
I need help with coloring too OTL

heyy13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote        
He's supposed to be prepubecent right?

Because honestly i really like your style and don't see any obvious faults with the lines. The colouring is only at a really early stage so i can't really comment on that. : )

By Kaishi who is just the love. Seriously. <3
Tieru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote        
Well, he's supposed to look young but he's really not; it's kinda dificult to explain his age, seeing as he's a personified country, but whatever |D;;

Thanks! I'll try to finish it soon!

ChelseaKF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote        
It looks very good so far! be careful though that you don't make the figure completely rectangular! Yes, guys don't have curve but they still have a bit of a shape! When you color the torso make sure you give a lot of shadow under by the shirt area to help avoid making him look completely flat!
Tieru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:49 am Reply with quote        
Oh! Thank you Wink
I never thought of that.
Bliss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quote        
I must say, I love the crab...

Does it have any underlying meaning? Or is it just a cute little mascot-esque crab?

If I had to point out anything, it would probably be his right hand. I just tried doing it with my own, and it had to be forced, y'know? He just looks so carefree, and the tense, unnatural position of his hand threw me there for a second.

Other than that, it's really good Happy Kudos!~
VampMiyu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
I love it! what tool are you using for the colouring? it's really gppd! I don't see anything to criticise either Wink
ikittycat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote        
♥♥♥♥

Wow, I really love the facial expression.
It has so much emotion.
I like this.
Could use more detail maybe?
But if anything it looks great!

♥♥♥♥

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote        
The mouth looks slightly lopsided, the cross part of the necklace looks uneven, the coat has too many buttons and button holes, and the hands just look plain unnatural for the drawing style. Other than that, it's great! Wish I had more to say, but I don't.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote        
Wah!Is very cute s2 i like >w< Bouncy Heart
killerkitty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote        
ooh nice!! um, how did you get the color to go behind the lines?

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote        
Killerkitty, that's usually done by having the lines on a separate layer above the coloring layer (which is nice because you can change the line color very easily if you don't want harsh black lines). You can also set the lines layer to "Multiply" (assuming you're using Photoshop or some other program that lets you do that) and then make a layer beneath the lines to color on.