Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Post new topic   Reply to topic ARGHGEFLARGH. (Calling Out Sick Do To Mental Health)
Thia Stormhouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote        
My workplace sucks. (Burger King. DX)

But, anyway...I have a good number of mental health issues that are all unrecognized, mostly due to the fact I can't afford to go visit a psychoanalyst. I stress easily over everyone else's problems, have multiple personality disorder, and I'm a sociopath, just to name a few. I can't stand being around people for extended periods of time, I worry about if some small mistake's gonna get me fired, etc.

Lately, I've been so stressed out at work, that I have literally broken out in ar ash/hives all over my body. It started on just my stomach, but two weeks later it's down my legs, across my back and torso, down both arms and up my neck, into my scalp.

Needless to say, I ITCH LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW.

And this morning was the topping on the cake. Not only did I wake up with 30 minutes before my shift starts (with a 20 minute walk ahead and time needed to get dressed and bundle up against the cold), I nearly got run over a BLOCK from my house, and didn't eat all day until just now. (approximately 16 hours since I woke up)....

So, tomorrow, I'm calling out sick, for mental health, and to make stew/hang out with some friends.

Tell me, have you all ever had just such a bad series of events that you called out sick, and spent the day pampering yourself?
Kira Bella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quote        
O__O

You need a bunny army. They solve everything.

I worked at Subway before I got a job that I was actually proud of saying that I worked at. I would work the evening shift. Meaning I would get the people that only had "an hour" for lunch so the took a 15 minute drive to the subway I worked at, stood in line for the 3 minutes and 15 seconds that it took to make the sandwhich, to check out. (Not kidding, that is what it is supposed to be or we got in trouble.) And then drive back for another 15 minutes. So that gave them about a half hour to eat and get back into their car.

So if THEY were not given their sandwhich in under 3 minutes, they would freak out on the lady making their over priced sandwhich.

Well, one day I was told off for making a sandwhich the way it was supposed to. I was not told that the lady that I was making it for was a regular and was always given extra stuff because her husband was the mayor. So when I CHARGED HER for extra meat she started calling me a harlet and a whore. In front of the other 13 people in line. I was pissed.

But I brushed it off because I was good at my job and I didn't think she was worth it... And she comes back.. FOR A WEEK. And een though I got it, and I fixed what apparently was a "tuuurrable" mistake, she did NOT let me off the damned hook. So one day I told her she could shove it, took off my apron, and went to the back of the store. I was so mad that when I asked if I could go home, no one told me no.

So I took off almost a week (Vacation time RULES) and papmered the freak out of my self. Hair, nails, pedi and mani xD, and then went back to work. Apprently the lady is just a biotch, and I never had to serve her again. I just got to go into the back when she ever came into the store.

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
Thia Stormhouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:07 am Reply with quote        
Nice. Don't you just love those customers?

I'm debating whether or not to call out. I have to be up in 3 hours to leave anyway, but I don't wanna just be like, "I'm calling out, and will probably sleep all day," mostly because I think I'm working until 3 or 4...which isn't a bad shift.

But I gotta call out now. DX THE DILEMMA.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quote        
I'm kind on the opposite side of the spectrum. The other day, I was doing service for class(waitering) and I had 4 tables coming in almost 5 minutes so I'm rushing to get all their orders and not screw up. Note that we only had about 5 waiters/waitresses and the hostess. Well, the service went all fine and well except the hostess wouldn't stop reminding me about the candle on the person's dessert(which wasn't my job to do. It was the dessert people's job.) Anyhow, the next day, I was 'really' sick(when I say 'really', I mean between really and normal sick) and called in sick and felt really bad about it 'cause we were already low on waiters and waitresses. Also, all the people are always nice to us and understand that we are students and we do make mistakes.