Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
LadyHarpy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote        
Clarissa looked to Tate as he asked his question. She had to admit that she herself was curious about that as well. What purpose did we as people serve in this world? She pushed her glasses up her nose and waited for the older ones to answer since she herself want to know as well.

bored? looking for a RP to join? check out my profile and read about me, there are some plots there for you to see!
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote        
a dim light began to get brighter as a soft beeping noise was heard. Soon the beeping noise became louder and the light began to take forms. Stiffness is what was felt, but who is feeling this? Who am I, what am I?

With a quick overview of the room, a monitor, and bed sheets were seen. Moving was impossible, the stiffness prevented it. How did she... or was it he, get here? She felt certain that she was a she, there weren't any doubts there. But who was she, and where was she, and why? So many questions began to take form in her mind. Then she felt something deep inside of her that seemed to tickle the back of her extremely dry throat, and that was thirst. She attempted to lick her dry lips but did no good because her tongue was just as dry. When would someone come with a glass of water, and maybe some much needed answers.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote        
As the new girl regained consciousness, Sam's ghost passed through her room's door, wondering if she was alright. She had been found by one of the teams not long ago, but was apparently in a strange coma state that had left even the most experienced doctors of the school confused. Seeing that she was starting to move again, Sam quickly exited the room and went to fetch a medic.

Not long after, Ellen entered the room. She was heading to her office when Sam had bumped into - or, more likely, through - her and asked her to come and see one of the newcomers. She sat down on the side of the bed and took the hand of the girl into her hands, feeling her heartbeat at the same time. "Can you hear me?" she asked softly, wanting to know if the girl was really awaken or still in some light coma. Noticing the other's lips were rough and dry, she grabbed a bucket of water and a glass placed on the side table, and poured her a glass of water, gently pressing it against the girl's lips to make her drink. It was a habit at the school to leave a platter of food with water beside the bed of the newly-found students, so that they had something to give them some energy back when they awake. Though, clearly, a student in coma couldn't do those simple things.

The doctor questioned the decision of leaving the girl alone, wondering who could have done that. She had been busy in the recent weeks and had been away from the school for some time, and she hadn't had the time to learn about everything that was going on in the Academy yet. She sighed, thinking there was a lot more work to come, and brought her attention back onto the weak girl. Apparently, the water had done her some good, as she appeared in a better shape already.

Aurelia looked at Tate as he asked her why they were here. Then again, most of them have asked the same thing over the years, and as far as she knew, no one had found a passable answer. "Well, technically, we are here because of the portals," she started to say, wanting to give them at least some sort of answer. "Now, some people here think that the portals are really random, a bit like weather phenomenons, but for energy. And if that's the case, then we would all happen to be here randomly, like people who had been caught in a tornado or something."

She took a small pause, trying to gather her ideas. "Other people think that portals are a form of magic, and that they were created by people to bring more people here, or maybe only to allow travel, creating roads to distant spaces and planes. Then again, we now have no idea of how to control portals, so there's a good chance your arrival here was really random." She paused again, wondering how much she should tell them. Portals were a wide topic, and complicated one, even for people who had lived in this world for a long time. "Portals, however, seem to target teenagers more than other people, and some seem to appear more frequently around certain people. So maybe, and I say maybe, you were chosen to be here."

Aurelia stopped once more, before adding: "It all depends of how you want to see it, really, but for now, you shouldn't worry too much about that." She stopped, a smile on her face as usual. They all seemed like good and bright kids, and would probably be a great addition to the Academy. "So, do you have any other questions, or should we go on?" she asked, remembering that she had to show them the school and not just stand there and talk.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote        
The girl who still wasn't sure of her name blinked up at the medic who had entered the room. As the medic placed the glass of water against her lips, she began to take much needed greedy gulps of it. The feeling of refreshment brought some coloring to her otherwise pasty white face. Sastisfied, she licked her lips for the second time and moistened them up.

Now the girl had some questions she needed to be answered. The questions rolled out so fast that they seemed to be one long sentence. "Where am I how did I get here who are you who am I what are we what time is it how did I get here why am I here who am I?" she asked, and then needed to take a deep breath. Slowly she tried to move her head to a more comfortable angel, it was a stiff, painful, turn but she was no longer straining her neck. Which was always good.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote        
"Ssh, calm down," the woman said, a nice smile on her face. She took a small time to process all the questions the other had asked, before answering: "My name is Ellen Stafford, and this is called the Academy. You were found by one of our teams of students. You were in a coma-like state, so they brought you back here to give you a more comfortable and safe place to rest."

Ellen paused for a bit, wondering what the girl meant by "Who am I?" and "what are we?". She knew a chocking situation could induce amnesia and, surely, the girl had been in such a situation to fall into a deep coma, but it still wasn't a pleasant idea. She shook her head a little, chasing her thoughts, and brought her attention back to the girl. "Do you remember anything?" she asked gently. She didn't want to push her too much, but she needed to get enough information to have a clear picture of what was going on.

BubbleTrouble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote        
Lucia looked over all of the new kids, it seemed like only the day before she had been among their ranks, asking questions and wondering where on earth she was. Except some of these kids had families, people who loved them and cared for them back home. Lucia had never had that, so she was never bothered when she ended up here. But some of this kids would have to deal with the fact they may never see their Mom and Dad again. Her smile faded a little.

She looked over as Tate asked he asked his question. She sighed a little feeling bad. Lucia never liked it when they had to tell the newbies they had no idea why they were here, she just hoped these new recruits could make the best of it.

Lucia looked down to see Luna looking up at her, she smiled a little comforted by the small Doll.

MelancholyMelody~ wrote:
'Sup? 'S goin' diddly-down in DA HOOD, YO?
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
The girl bit her lip, she was about to say no.. but that was untrue. She did know her ABCs and how to count and form sentences. She could process and understand words. But she had no memories, and she didn't remember learning any of the words she knew, it was quite confusing.

"I'm obviously not a vegtable... But I don't have any.. well, memories. I don't even remember learning theses words I speak. It's as if.. I can remember words but not.. like, pictures, I guess. Do you know my name?" She asked with a tiny frown. The girl felt as if she might know her name, but it wasn't coming to her. As more feeling came back to her body, she forced herself to sit up in the bed and whimpered in slight pain.
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote        
The woman helped the younger girl to it up. "I'm sorry, dear," she said with a sheepish smile. "According to the report, you were found not too far away from here, but there was no sign of who you were or why you were there on site." She paused, looking at the girl. She looked weak, but was apparently getting her senses back quickly, which was a good sign.

"Don't worry too much about it," Ellen added gently, noticing the frown look on the other's face. "You probably have some light amnesia, which is common for people who have been in coma for a long time. It's like if your brain wakes up part by part, leaving some in the dark for some time until you recover more. It should all come back soon."

Her smile fainted as an annoying beeping sound came out of the watch she was wearing on her left wrist. "One sec," she said for the girl. She looked at the screen with a sigh, clicking a little button on the side to go see what was going on. The watch's communication system was useful, for sure, but it could also be annoying at time. As soon as she clicked the next touch, an holographic screen lit up above the watch's screen, showing a message that only she could read.

After a minute or two of reading, Ellen let go another sigh. "Seems like I need to go see," she started to say, soon stopping in the middle of her sentence. The message she had got was important, but on the other hand, she didn't feel like leaving the girl alone, not right now, at least. "Doesn't matter," she said, shaking her head. "So, what were we talking about. Oh yes, your amnesia. We could do some exercises, if you want. It could help you recover some memories, maybe. Want to try?" she asked with a friendly smile.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:59 am Reply with quote        
Meanwhile, a thousand miles away, Melanie pondered over the situation. Though she was still physically in the hall with the other students, her mind was elsewhere. Aurelia’s answer to Tate’s question, at least, the redhead was sure that was his name, was vague. It seemed like the people who ran the school hadn’t learned very much about the phenomena that had dragged them to Terra. Magic isn’t a precise science, Mel. She needed to remind herself. You might as well run with it. It’s an adventure. Besides, if something wiped out a bunch of people years ago, who’s to say that the people working on this weren’t eaten by something? Now, that wasn’t a pleasant thought. Melanie considered asking about the misfortune that had befallen the school, but decided against it. She wasn’t sure she wanted to know the reason, and the younger new people would definitely not appreciate that kind of knowledge. Maybe later. She turned her thoughts back to the present, to banish the what-ifs that messed with her imagination.

After being asked if they had any more questions Melanie paused to look at the others. She raised her hand, slightly, just so she wouldn’t be talking out of turn. “Whether we have questions or not, you’ve been more than tolerant. We may as well continue the tour. More likely than not, we’ll get our questions answered as we go.” If some of us decide to pay attention anyhoo. There was always going to be that one person that missed something because they weren’t paying attention. Mel was usually one of those people. But here, she was in her element. Or as close to it as she could think of.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote        
She hoped the medic was correct, she really wanted to remember what happened, and who she was. As a beeping noise came from the watch on the medic's wrist, she flinched, not knowing why the noise was made. What the medic said cleared up what had just happened, and she needed no longer an explanation. The friendly smile also reassured her.

"It's fine, you can go if you need to.. But I would like to have some help with remembering some things." said the girl, returning the smile. It was true, she wasn't very sure how to remember, and at the moment the medic was her only hope.

"Oh, and by the way, what is your name?" she asked. She was getting tired of refering to her as 'the medic' in her mind.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:54 pm Reply with quote        
"You can just call me Ellen," the woman said smiling. She was pretty sure she had told her her name before, but then again, it was before the other girl had completely recovered, so she didn't mention it. Plus, being called by her first name for once would be nice. She had never appreciated the titles and all, probably because the school's residents were like family to her and therefore they didn't need to treat her differently. Only with a little more respect, maybe. She shook her head, bringing her attention back on the girl. "It's ok. I'm sure they can survive without me for a couple of hours." I hope so, at least, she thought.

"First of, how do you feel?" she asked. If they were going to work on the girl's mental, she would need to feel alright physically first.

Aurelia smiled as she heard Melanie's speech. She was right, and Aurelia would have preferred to do all the explanation that way. but of course some things needed to be said first. "Alright," the blond girl said. "Everyone agree with that?" It wasn't really a question, as she made them a sign to get up and ready. "Before we go anywhere, this," she said pointing at her right, "is the cafeteria, as you probably already have figured out. We take our meals there, and it's a good place to socialize with other students. It's also were the special events and celebrations are held. And this," she said pointing to a large door, identical to the one of the cafeteria, but closed, "is the library. It contains all sort of books and documentation, plus some comfy workspaces and all. The first floor contains the common information, along with some tables and chairs if you need a place to work, and the second floor contains the specialized information. It's useful, but it would be a bit boring to go explore that now, so we'll just move forward. Just remember where it is."

The blond moved toward the stairs, making a sign to the new students to tell them to follow her. "This is the main staircase, though other smaller ones can be found all over the school," she said, climbing the steps slowly. "It leads up to the classrooms and houses, and down," she reached hand over the handrail and pointed at two small door openings on either side of the stairs, "to some more special classroom, labs and resting areas for monsters. We'll skip the basement for now though, because it's still undergoing some reparations, and you will be able to explore the school during your free time anyway."

Aurelia headed to a hall to the left, the small group following her closely. She stopped in front of a series of doors, all apparently identical, and waited for the group to gather nearby before pursuing her explanations.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote        
The girl blinked, she knew her name was Ellen. Of course, she remembered, Ellen told her her name when she had first came to. 'So soon we forget.' she thought to herself. "I'm very sorry, you have already told me, I must have forgotten." the girl said with a shake of her head.

First the girl wiggled her toes, and then she moved on and moved her ankle, and continued until she got to her back and neck. Slowly she turned her head to the left and then to the right, it seemed to be a little less stiff. After that she leaned forward, and then arched her back. It had been painful but relieving, everything was beginning to feel alot less stiff.

"I'm feeling a bit stiff still, but a lot better. I'm just a bit hungry." she said. Well actually she was alot hungry but she really wanted to remember, something, anything.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote        
"No problem," Ellen said with a soft smile. She knew the girl's mind was probably confused anyway, so it was just normal that she paid more attention to certain things and less to others, like remembering her name. She got up and took a chair placed besides a small desk, bringing it closer to the bed. She watched as the girl stretched, taking note in her mind of all the thins that looked ok, and the few places that were apparently stiffer. A life of being a medic had left her with some habits, after all.

The woman sat on the chair as the girl finished stretching. "Ok," she said. "If you ever feel like you want to stop or need anything, you just have to say it." She took a pause, trying to remember the correct order to follow. "First, take a comfortable position," she said, waiting for the girl to have found something that would do. "Now, close your eyes and start breathing more slowly. Concentrate all your thoughts on your respiration and on my voice. You will start to feel sleepy," Ellen said with a soft voice. It wasn't really hard. She just needed to let the other girl relax, and then guide her to the needed answers.

"Now, I'll count down slowly from 10 to 0, and with each number, you will fall into a deeper sleep. 10... 9... 8... You feel your feet and legs relaxing. 7... 6... 5... The relax energy comes up to your body and in your arms. 4... 3... It moves to your head, and you start to sleep. 2... 1... 0." She took a pause, leaving the time for the girl to finish the steps before she pursued. "You're now in a deep sleep, relaxed and comfortable. If you ever find something too hard or painful, I want you to press my hand," she said, placing the girl's hand in her own. "This will automatically bring you back in this same state of mind, calm and relaxed." She repeated the last part, making sure the other had understood before she went to the next step.

"Now, I want you to go back in time. Go back one hour," she said, waiting a little again. "Now, what do you see?"

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote        
The girl tried her best to follow Ellen's instructions. First her eyes closed and the stiffness went to a comfortable numbness. Then a light breeze that seemed to come from nowhere tickled her face, leaving her feeling almost refreshed. She soon began to feel completely relaxed and Ellen's voice slowly drifted away, into a low hum.

Her mind shifted backwards to an hour ago. An hour ago she had still been in the coma, she had been in a coma for 2 years. Darkness filled her mind, a thick darkness. She saw pictures dark consuming light, and light fading to black. Almost as if a war in her head choosing between life and death was coming to a close.

She had been dying an hour ago. It struck her like a freezing wave of water that began to make the vision waver around the edges. She couldn't lose the vision yet though.. she didn't see how she came to wake up and be alive. A streak of light almost like a shooting star burst across the vision, sprinkling light down into the stagnant darkness. In reaction to the light the darkness recoiled and sizzled. All at once the light pushed the darkness into a small corner of her mind, forcing it to stay in the corner. Then the first light of day touched her eyes since 2 years of darkness.

Everything the darkness had touched was completely blank and fresh as new. It seemed as if there was no hope to recover what had been lost.. but maybe what she hadn't reviewed yet would give her some incentive to her past, or her name.

The girl pushed lightly on Ellen's palm. She had seen enough war between darkness and light.

"I saw a war between dark and light in my mind. In the beginning the darkness seemed to be winning, but a burst of light pushed it into a corner and I lived and then I woke up." She said, pretty much summing everything up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote        
Ellen looked at the girl as she was reviving something. Her body seemed agitated and her eyes were moving quickly under her eyelids, almost like someone dreaming. Then, she spoke. The woman listened to her carefully, though what she said wasn't much use for now. Probably just a projection of her struggle to wake up, the medic thought. Though, for some reason, it also made her thought about the strange state the girl was in. Maybe it wasn't a really coma, but the effect of some spell? And the darkness could represent the will of someone or something else, trying to keep her in that state. She shook her head, realizing that the only way to learn more was to pursue their little experimentation.

"Do you feel like you can continue?" she asked gently. She knew regressions could be painful at times, especially for people coming out of difficult times.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next