Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Music & Lyrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2
other

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
personally i'm unclear on what exactly is illegal so i've stopped downloading music altogether, i know itunes is legal but they're not crazy about letting you move the music around from machine to machine (to an mp3 player) and i'd rather stab myself in the hand with a fork than buy an ipod so i'm kindof.."rooted" atm :/
my opinion? downloading music should frickin well be free! people NEED music, when they are deprived of it they create it or start hearing it in car engines and stuff! maybe somewhere where you can pay a fixed rate like a fiver a month for unlimited downloads (that works for stuff OTHER then ipods) would be ideal..mostly i think every band has tons of "hard core fans" who will buy any and every thing they put out and they can easily live off this, well the famous ones anyways, maybe once a band starts making a certain amount of money a year it should start being legal to download their stuff and for new bands folks should pay? but then again, don't new bands wanna put their stuff out there? what's better than free stuff? idunno, this is well complicated :P
and then theres other stuff like merch, t shirts and concerts that you definatly pay for, maybe they should all just tour more? it IS a job after all :B

~Kryztol's Huge Raffle Giveaway!~
Iregyura

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote        
I think that downloading music should be OK, since it still is all copyrighted; you're not like stealing it and making it your own. However, messing with the tones of the song or other features of it is...Well, I'm not sure. But downloading music should be OK, I mean there's all those downloading sites out there...somewhere Shocked
However, I'm not exactly sure if it's legal...But I don't download songs anyways