Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 13

Would you like the colors of Midorea to change to look more like the index art?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 96 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 115

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote        
Yes, another poll. Happy
This time concerning the colors of Midorea.

Would you like the colors & layout of Midorea to change to resemble the index art better?
http://midorea.com/templates/subSilver/images/new/Image3_1x1.png

They would most likely be lime green, forest green, turquoise, teal, dark blue, beige & light beige, with beige & light beige taking up most of the layout.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Lucifer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote        
I think it would look better, so I vote yes Duh
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quote        
I have to say I'll really miss the lime green if this happens, but I think that the layout would definitely be more appealing to people if it's changed. ^_^ It would also be a lot more calming.

Gladde

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote        
I think that although the bright colors are nice, the color template that you have in your post is a lot better. They are more pleasing to the eyes, whereas the ones that are being used right now kind of hurt my eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote        
I think those are lovely colors and I'd love to see them on the site..so yes? ^^

Plus, they're the best colors that look good on me (in real life), blues, greens and browns.
Why didn't I figure that out before? xD

The art is awesome sauce also of course. <3

glimpse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote        
I think it'd look better on the site, definitely! I think the layout revamp is AWESOME at the moment, but it would look even better with the colors you suggested. And I'm curious at what changes you would make. :3

So I'm voting yes~

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quote        
I have to say that although I am a fan of the current layout, I LOVE your proposed color palette (Mido is already my favorite colors anyway lol). I think it would please a lot of people who have trouble with the bright colors. And really, when everything is saturated like it is now, it's hard to make anything stand out. The lighter colors might be a little more versatile. Who knows?

Admittedly, I am a little sad that you might be changing these colors so soon after implementing them. All for the greater good, I suppose.

Midorea is going to start looking like a part of my bedroom soon. I should get some bright green curtains or something, then I'd be set. XD

DA Gallery || Tumblr || Art Thread || Check out my art shop!
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote        
You guys do realize that in that layout the ONLY color in the current layout that will go away is the only dark one right? The bright greens and blues will never go away as they are Midorea's colors.

Chu compared them best in saying the possibly new layout will be "beachy" while the current layout is "earthy." I don't know if that will help any of you envision it better but it's a good description.

For me having beige be the dominant color looks very bland. In the index art there is a good balance of all the colors, but it is hard to have such a balance in a layout, there's usually one dominant color. Think of the current layout and replace the dark brown with beige in your mind.

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote        
It would be more like replacing the current green with beige & light beige, brown with teal(second darkest blue) and the current blue with turquoise(lightest blue). Sweat
And the brown in the background with the darkest blue.

Also the green will be used for the links, borders and other things.

I'll post up a mock-up of the new layout with new colors later on today. Sweat

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Megan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote        
I voted yes. I think it'd be nice.
I'm not a huge fan of the beige, but I still think whatever you guys decide to do that it'll look wonderful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh, the color palette looks very nice. <3
I voted yes~! The color is really soothing to me. = w=

hey mang.
I'm Christian! I'm loving it bbycakes.
Squid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote        
    Hmm. I really enjoy the current layout colors.

But it's difficult to say without seeing it in those colors, you know? Even though, personally, I think that might be a bit bright. And I know this layout isn't entirely dark, what with the neon green, but the dark brown is really nice, and if they layout where beige... and light beige... Eek. It seems like it might be a bit bright to me.

(BEAUTIFUL ART THERE!)

heyy13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:25 am Reply with quote        
Sorry to say this cat, but the site colours are kinda a mess at the moment. (the random browns the most), so i think it would be a vast improvment!

I vote to go back too the winter event layout. That was great and never hurt to look at. xD;;

By Kaishi who is just the love. Seriously. <3
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote        
Oh it's gorgeous. Yes, I'd like that.

I'm cool with it either way really. I'm not fusseh. :3

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Raven-Hollow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote        
I like the new index and I think the color change would only be for the best. <3

Rai & Rae 1X1 RP
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next